Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
scr_icon.png
Chromodo Browser is a fast and versatile Internet Browser based on Chromium technology and infused with Comodo's unparalleled level of security.

Ashampoo_Snap_2015_02_03_21h58m40s_008_Chromodo.jpg

Ashampoo_Snap_2015_02_03_22h00m46s_009.jpg

https://help.comodo.com/topic-249-1-593-6704-Chromodo-Browser---Introduction.html

Download

DrySun

Level 1
Verified
Jul 8, 2014
What is the difference between Comodo Dragon, Comodo Chromium, and Chromodo Browser? They all seem the same. It is a good browser other than it has barely any HTML5 video support. The highest quality settings from HTML5 video on youtube is 360p.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Y

yigido

What is the difference between Comodo Dragon, Comodo Chromium, and Chromodo Browser? They all seem the same. It is a good browser other than it has barely any HTML5 video support. The highest quality settings from HTML5 video on youtube is 360p.
Chromodo is the new name of Chromium Secure Browser. (Chromodo = Chromium Secure)
Comodo Dragon is their other Chromium based browser.
The only difference is between these two, only the icon. There is no big differences between them. I did not understand why they released a new Chromium based browser even they had Comodo Dragon with its well known name :)
Chromodo is ridiculous.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
yigido is correct, Comodo Dragon & now Chromodo browsers are, & have been, very nearly identical to each other & with Chrome. I'd substituted Chrome with Comodo Dragon before because it worked faster, in my personal experience, on all three of our Windows XP, 7, & (then) 8 systems. It was, in fact, how I'd originally discovered Malware Tips when I'd found the browser comparison threads by @Littlebits . It was also the main reason I'd stopped browsing with Comodo Dragon which was because of it's lack of timely updated security patches (last year) which lead me to return to using Chrome, though now I prefer Opera.:p

Edit: Opera is Chromium based too, but uses Blink rendering instead of webkit.;) If Chromodo keeps their security updates current I might just return to the Comodo browser that now has a funny name. I see they're still using the lidless eye-like icon for their Dragon!!:D
I tried it, it worked really well but I'm still on Chrome and Opera. And what a color scheme, with all these pastels and rainbow swirls I felt like I was trying to surf the web in an old "hippie love van" from 1964.
Rotfl!!!!:p:D

Last edited:

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
Client:"Hey,Strider.....Which browser do you favor over Chrome or Firefox?"

Me:"Have you tried Chromodo?"

..........Blank stares and awfully long silences.....o_O

...Downloading now.*Love that rolling face,Petrovic!*:D

Claw

Level 1
Verified
Feb 11, 2013
I tried it, it worked really well but I'm still on Chrome and Opera. And what a color scheme, with all these pastels and rainbow swirls I felt like I was trying to surf the web in an old "hippie love van" from 1964.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Are those extensions pre-installed, and can they be removed? What Comodo Security is integrated into Chromodo? Does it use Malware and Phishig protection by Google, or their own services?

Thanks. :D

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
Ok...from my play-test,this is what I gathered:

Pre installed extensions are:

Comodo Drag & Drop Service
Comodo Media Downloader
Comodo Share Page Service
Comodo Web Inspector
PrivDog

Managed to remove every single one...No problems.Malware and Phishing Protection? I may need some help on that one...:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.