Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@StriderHunterX Check the Settings, if you still use Chromodo.

Usually it's Google SafeBrowsing feature that protects a lot of Chromium clones.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
looks like chrome, this belongs to which organization?
Chromodo, like Comodo Dragon & also their Ice Dragon, is developed by Comodo.:)
Edit: Does Chromodo pass the stringent requirements of our more discerning staff & members to warrant it's being deemed an efficient & secure Chromium clone alternative?;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Comodo Browsers have "enforce secure connections" i.e a lock on address bar. Think you can select & enforce HTTPS for HTTP sites & sub domains. Guess its like HTTPS everywhere.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Matthew Laverick

Jul 27, 2014
Are those extensions pre-installed, and can they be removed? What Comodo Security is integrated into Chromodo? Does it use Malware and Phishig protection by Google, or their own services Thanks.

COMODO SecureDNS is activated by default, as well as the PrivDog extention and some different settings.

D

Deleted member 178

new browser will be named comodozilla.

6tWL5vK.jpg

with Melhi as special guest

:D

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
Do you use Chromodo?
Any probs or things you would like to mention?

None until now.

I'm using it in both Windows 7 32 and 64 bit and works great on the sites that I use.I also installed it on my Windows 10 test PC this morning.

I will use that from now on and let you know how it goes...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

None until now.

I'm using it in both Windows 7 32 and 64 bit and works great in the sites that I use.I also installed it on my Windows 10 test PC this morning.

I will use that from now on and let you know how it goes...
Ok...looking forward to your feedback on Win 10.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Comodo dragon is about the only chrome variant i would use as comodo does infuse some genuine security features into it and i did use it myself on windows a few years ago.If i recall correctly the comodo dns was not that great,
Not sure how it fares nowadays.

I am always a bit weary of clones in regard to their origins and ability to give users up to date security patches.To be honest they dont bring anything genuinely unique to their clone browser.
Always better to use the original browser from the main company.:)

Y

yigido

Hi All,

Please let me apologies for the delay in this post, we had technical problems with forums access which are now resolved.

We're very pleased to announce the release of Chromodo Version 50.14.22.468.

What's new for Chromodo?
  • Chromium code base has been updated to 50
  • IP/DNS leakage detector feature has been added. IP / DNS Leakage Detector helps you to see what information can be seen by the web sites that you visit. In these web sites, site owners, advertisers, widgets can track and collect these information
  • Disabling WebRTC as a built-in feature has been added.Comodo Dragon helps users to enable and disable WebRTC by a built-in option. Disabling WebRTC feature is listed under the Security section in Settings page. By unchecking the option, you'll be able to disable WebRTC. After option is unchecked, tab has to be closed closed and re-opened to disableWebRTC in the active tabs. WebRTC comes enabled by default
  • PriceSuggestor extension, as with Dragon helps you find the best deals for products you are looking at

Download Path Chromodo 50.14.22.468:
http://download.comodo.com/browser/release/chromodo/chromodosetup.exe

Thank you for your all feedback for COMODO Browsers! We have collected all of your feedbacks and created a list of improvements and new features. We really appreciate all of your contributions to provide you a great browser.

Enjoy!

Chromodo Browser Team
Source: Chromodo Version 50.14.22.468 now available for download. - News / Announcements / Feedback - CD

Y

yigido

Hello everyone,

We're very pleased to announce the release of Chromodo v52.15.25.66.

- Codebase has been updated to version 52.
- To help improve PC security for all users Chromodo now offers CCAV post installation/update.

Download Chromodo v52.15.25.66 from:
https://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/chromodo-private-internet-browser.php

Checksums:
MD5: 2771f7713187f36eaa112faabb33b93b
SHA-1: ed15f84b5e07f0778551038f202d0205c70a15b3
SHA-256: 5af51176c878b022626c5360b7f80a72440bedd21b620bda9a3695eaaf3ac906

Thanks,
Shane.

Source: https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...-is-now-available-for-download-t116671.0.html

Reactions: JakeXPMan

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Chrome version is 53.0.2785.116

Does anyone know whether Comodo pathes Chromodo for the vulnerabilities of Chrome 53?

When not Chromodo is running behind in security updates and is a security risk!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.