Direct URL:
cis.png

Mod edit:
Source: COMODO Internet Security 2025 Premium

Last edited by a moderator:

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
Great to see the link shared! For those interested, this is the official website of Comodo Antivirus. Stay safe online!

• Love
Reactions: Behold Eck

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Already downloaded and installed. Running fine. TDT isn't enabled by default but I didn't have issue with it in the Beta. Early days but seems to run fine with low resource. We'll see how it goes this week before full comment.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
What's new?Is CIS Pro the only CIS without CIS?
No official release notes that I've seen yet but TDT, BypassIO and they've done some architectural recoding and New UI. Meant to have ironed out bugs etc but only just announced without a new topic being created. The UI is the same as the Beta and no advanced view or smaller scaling yet but you can always use the old Lycia theme until taht gets added.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
If i understand correctly based on their website.....the free version doesn' t has the firewall anymore??And i don't see any links for just the firewall only, just for the full suite.It seems to me that the firewall standalone doesn't exists anymore.

Attachments

• 2024-06-01_082228.jpg
    2024-06-01_082228.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 114

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
I just clicked on the Download Now! button, which seems to be the premium version? Is this version a trial? I don't see anything that says that/how much time is left. The other "free version" doesn't seem to have the firewall.View attachment 283569
Seems that i was right, the free firewall is gone. You have to choose the paid (premium suite) to have it.
Well ,still using and very happy with the last free version.

Attachments

• 2024-06-01_112537.jpg
    2024-06-01_112537.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Reactions: kylprq and Trident

rashmi

Level 7
Thread author
Jan 15, 2024
Installed Comodo Firewall on Windows 11, and it's working smoothly. I'll replace Kaspersky Standard with Comodo Firewall on the kids and cousins systems.

I don't understand how and why users get confused when nothing has changed with naming, downloading, and installing.
1. They may update the CIS topic soon with details and FW and AV online installers.
2. CIS Premium was and is the free version.
3. Premium_Installer was and is the CIS offline installer with options to select FW, AV, or both.

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Installed Comodo Firewall on Windows 11, and it's working smoothly. I'll replace Kaspersky Standard with Comodo Firewall on the kids and cousins systems.

I don't understand how and why users get confused when nothing has changed with naming, downloading, and installing.
1. They may update the CIS topic soon with details and FW and AV online installers.
2. CIS Premium was and is the free version.
3. Premium_Installer was and is the CIS offline installer with options to select FW, AV, or both.
Ok,i didn't try.it.But again, base on their website's info it seems that is no longer available CFW free version. Simply as that. And the regular user doesn't know that the Premium version is the same as the free one unless they install it (again, see my screenshot). I am an old timer Comodo firewall user, ,don't trying to bashing the company, it's just they have to be more specific on the website about the products.

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
@cruelsister settings. Please ✌️or a few days.
This new version (12.3.3.8140) has been out for a few days. I installed it on both a Win10 as well as Win11 system. As in the past, on initial install one can choose the components that you want (ie- AV and/or Firewall). I chose to uncheck the AV component as this will just add the ability to do on-demand scans as well as getting AV updates for that scan module. Personally I see no point in having such functionality as the FW by itself includes On-Access VirusScope as well as Cloud Lookup.

Anyway, as usual I just went with the FW component. Thank God that there are no new Bells or Whistles, so setup is THE SAME as the stuff I've been preaching about for a few years.

I did have time for a test (probably won't publish it (as I don't have the time and nobody views my videos anyway). For this test I used the Typical Cruel setup, first activating the LYCIA theme. For malware I just ran 12 samples- 3 of which popped up in the usual places in the past few days (prior to the test, of course)= a Lumma Stealer, an Agent Tesla, and a DC Rat.

The other 9 samples were files were Ophelia coded that have not been released into the Wild (a couple used in my previous videos).

Of the 3 in-the-Wild samples, VirusScope picked up 1/3, but obviously none of the custom coded malware (and no one else would either).

After running all of theses samples, all were contained with FW popups seen for those samples that requested Network Access (all but one, actually). For Giggles I then re-ran the same test with CF in Silent Mode (zero popups)

Upon finishing running the malware I first (without emptying Containment) did a manual System Analysis which was no great inconvenience as I knew where all the system changes would be), thenemptied Containment and ran both KVRT and NPE.

In all cases, it was confirmed that there were no System Changes.

Finally BEST PRACTICE hint. If you are currently using other versions of CF on a production System and want to install this BUILD prior to official release and internal update, On should Uninstall the old version, installing the New, and adding whatever FW rules that you see fit to include.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
I did have time for a test (probably won't publish it (as I don't have the time and nobody views my videos anyway). For this test I used the Typical Cruel setup, first activating the LYCIA theme. For malware I just ran 12 samples- 3 of which popped up in the usual places in the past few days (prior to the test, of course)= a Lumma Stealer, an Agent Tesla, and a DC Rat.

Enjoy!
I will always watch your videos and I think you should continue to make them for us. :love:(y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.