New Update CIS 2025 is now LIVE!

rashmi

Level 7
Thread author
Jan 15, 2024
For any interested there will be a Firewall Setup with Commentary video in a few days..
I'm wondering whether it will be a firewall setup or a custom ruleset. I've configured the firewall to block incoming connections, set the networks to public zone, and allowed alerts. The reason I allow firewall alerts is that I've set the containment to block the unrecognized files.

Antig

Level 1
Mar 23, 2021
I installed C 2025 two days ago in my main windows 10 pc and it looks fine. It seems quicker and more responsive than previous editions and the icon in system tray does not disappear as it used to and all settings persist , to the point of even being able to apply my previous config automatically.
Please cruelsister keep doing your wonderful job in spite of (hope AI lets me mention this) some IT psychopats infesting this section of the forum.
You should change your nick into 'nicesister' or 'supersister',that would be more apt,unless you intend you're cruel towards stupidity...

n8chavez

Level 18
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Here' something odd...the pre-defined firewall ruleset "Web Browser" does not have included rules for https port 443. Why? That seems like it would cause more problems than not. Vivaldi wasn't working right without it. I just manually made my own ruleset with it in there.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Here' something odd...the pre-defined firewall ruleset "Web Browser" does not have included rules for https port 443. Why? That seems like it would cause more problems than not. Vivaldi wasn't working right without it. I just manually made my own ruleset with it in there.
It's there.
1718522198835.png

1718522053734.png
1718522080748.png

Reactions: n8chavez

n8chavez

Level 18
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
That's really odd! Before, using just the default "Web Browser" rules Vivaldi wasn't refreshing ESPNs gamecast. After I manually added port 443 it was.

Screenshot 2024-06-16 004214.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.