Battle CIS 5 vs KIS 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
Im starting a real war i suppose. LOL :D
I am currently using KIs and have heard goodreviews about CIS too.

Which one is better? I have used Cis a short while back it was good but after format installed Avast. And then long ago i had tried their anitvirus when it was in Beta.
So whats your take??.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
malbky said:
IS there an upcoming beta of comodo for grab.

I doubt since 5.8 was recently release and they call it CIS 2012 so I would assume the next one will come somewhere under fourth quarter in the incoming year. Lets not forget that CIS 6 will have much more features than 5.8. The Mods at comodo might test some pre-beta/alpha version to reduce bugs in order to have a more effective beta-testing. Alpha-testing is normally done internally, by their staff/department/sector/department, but comodo also give certain users (mods) that possibility as well (can be that comodo see these people as a part of comodo staff.)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
HeffeD said:
Earth said:
I'm not sure, but I think Comodo Firewall (either v3 or 4) did have had pop-ups that displayed community-based information regarding the file for Allow or Block.

Yes, it was called Threatcast. Melih has said it may make a comeback. However, it may not be necessary with the upcoming Behavior Blocker.

Well good to see if that feature so called Threatcast to be back so it may add user friendly for dealing popups.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
the most optimistic rumors said the next beta will be January or February 2012

Would surely be nice but I doubt that since CIS 5.8 is recently released. I don't mind waiting if it means that CIS 6 is more or less bug-free and well optimized.

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
Yup me too. I still hope that threatcast is re introduced. Its good to leverage community power especially noting comodos growing user base and popularity.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
malbky said:
Yup me too. I still hope that threatcast is re introduced. Its good to leverage community power especially noting comodos growing user base and popularity.

it has to be a version that will send to all comodo user so that people can reply by answering on question like "malware/dangerous", Goodware, "unknown"

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
ThreatCast is actually one of the biggest factors in improving the usability of Comodo Internet Security, The Devs should really pay attention to it so when cIS 6 comes, Usability is far more exceeding than we what have now.

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
Yes agreed Box. This method is gaining popularity. For eg, there is norton insight, eset live grid, Kaspersky security network.

roguedeleter

Oct 30, 2011
Sorry. I have KIS 2012. I liked it a little better than Comodo. My weak PC has KIS with no lag.. 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.. It has 2 GB and made in 2008, shipped with Vista, upgraded to Win 7 Home Premium. It is very fast on my PC. And I mean, 2.0 GHz flat. As I play games, KIS is very quiet. Once you click Allow this application, it won't bother you. I love it's application control. It is very easy to use. I also like its new cloud protection. That cloud, it protected me from several zero-day threats. The rest of the zero-day threats not in the cloud, either Application Control stepped in, or regular virus database. All while still being fast. Feel free to try and fight my opinions. I like to hear other peoples opinion about my opinions.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
KIS Application Control is just amazing , definitely the best designed HIPS on the market , it's very easy to use and very flexible. As far as resource usage goes, like roguedeleter I never felt any real slow down.KIS has a great potential but for some reason Kapsersky doesn't want to come into the modern world and really use the cloud like Symantec does or take their action upon whitelisting (and not blacklisting) like COMODO is doing.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Valentin N said:
it has to be a version that will send to all comodo user so that people can reply by answering on question like "malware/dangerous", Goodware, "unknown"

I disagree. I could care less about what the majority of users chose to let run on their systems...

People like to say that the majority of Comodo users are confused by popups. Now you want us to answer our alerts the same way these confused users did? :s

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
At least it's the only way on enhancing the usability of Comodo Internet Security, You're gonna still have the freedom of choice so no worries.

malbky

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 23, 2011
Yup agreed Jack symantec has very wisely used its cloud infrastructure. But kaspersky is not far behind the first building blocks of a cloud system can be seen with the intro of Kis 2012. But yes theres still a lot to catch up.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
HeffeD said:
Valentin N said:
People like to say that the majority of Comodo users are confused by popups. Now you want us to answer our alerts the same way these confused users did? :s

This should be something to be voluntarily, as I said, (if I got then I am sorry). Maybe a user knows the certain exe file that is about to execute. Just an idea.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
BoXX28 said:
It will be probably a better option to let the user opt in and opt out of the service according to their choice.

I don't have a problem with the service. It just shouldn't be community driven, as I don't trust the community. ;)

Much like WOT. Too much noise from users that don't really know what they're reporting.

Now if it was information supplied from the AV labs on whether or not they feel the application is trustworthy, that's another thing entirely. :)

P

Plexx

HeffeD said:
BoXX28 said:
It will be probably a better option to let the user opt in and opt out of the service according to their choice.

I don't have a problem with the service. It just shouldn't be community driven, as I don't trust the community. ;)

Much like WOT. Too much noise from users that don't really know what they're reporting.

Now if it was information supplied from the AV labs on whether or not they feel the application is trustworthy, that's another thing entirely. :)

got a point there... being community driven is not always a good idea for a start...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.