CIS Firewall ver6.0.64131.2674 some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Sound like to much of and impact on the Windows 8 O.S. Private Firewall working great accept for a little sluggish
every once in while. This is only by a couple of seconds. And truly I just was only looking for the sandbox for the
browser? For a layering of protection. Online Armor has compatibility early on with Windows 8. This is why I when will Private Firewall and it zero day protection.

Raul90

Level 14
Thread author
Feb 5, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
Moose said:
I know that C.I.S. sandbox the browser, but what about Comodo Firewall without C.I.S? For example,with Emsisoft Internet Security?

EIS = EAM (AV & BB) + OAP (FW & HIPS), so you can't use OAP and CFW (FW & HIPS) together, you must choose between EAM + CFW or EIS or CIS.

If you really need CFW go for CIS , the suite is great , if you really need EAM and CFW , you can do my old combo (aka "Umbra Virus"): CIS + EAM

I'd agree there with Umbra. Emsisoft Internet Security has it's own firewall via the Online Armor component. Adding Private firewall is not necessary as OA firewall is sufficient enough. You definitely feel some lags if you use EIS with Private firewall. Try Umbra's former combo if you want Emsisoft in your setup. Layering impact will be greatly lessened if you try the whole CIS suite. It'll be your preference/choice.

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
About Watch Activity>KillSwitch, as of the moment my internet connection is a bit slow. Can I just download it separately and install it? It's taking quite long...

Just got word about how KillSwitch can be installed "offline" and notn having to download it everytime you install ver6(at least until Comodo does not inlcude it in the installer). You just have to copy files from the root folder of a pc which has CIS ver6 with KillSwitch.

Copy from your installed path e.g. - C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\

Autoruns.exe
boot.dat
CCE.dll
CCE.exe
CCEImageRes.dll
ccekrnl.dat
dbghelp.dll
EULA_CCE.txt
KillSwitch.exe

You can then run 'Watch Activity' from within the main UI or run KillSwitch stand-alone.

Full information here,

https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/how-to-install-killswitch-in-cis-6-without-internetoffline-t89469.0.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.