Battle CIS or ESET SS7 or KAV+CFW or Emsisoft AM+ CFW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Hi..I came from bitdefender total security and I am glad I did.
I installed kaspersky internet security 2014 and right now facing some major bug in its firewall..The firewall cannot block application from connection to the internet..
So right now I have decided to change my PC security and need experts advice
so my options are
ESET Smart Security 7
or
Comodo Internet Security
or
Kaspersky Antivirus with Comodo Firewall
or
Emsisoft Antimalware 8 with Comodo Firewall

btw I am on Windows 8.1 update 1 Pro..
I will be using Malwarebytes anti malware premium along with my main security software

Any help is really appreciated

Thank You

Last edited:
Reactions: gin

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Just to try I installed EIS... I am very happy with it..especially with OA firewall..it is just the way i wanted..EAM gave 2 false positive to well known application but I can manage.. :)

Reactions: XhenEd

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Damn!!! p2p is not working with Online Armor!!! even the emsisoft forum doesnt have anything regarding this..any help?

Edit: figured it out..but looks temporary..any help?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

one Q...if you dont get any alerts by your security suite for many weeks, does that mean your AV protection is quite strong or your AV wasnt able to catch them and there might be some malware hidden inside..sending ketstrokes or login details secretely..? Just a question..

To get alerts you have to execute unknown files if not you can wait very long ^^

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
After testing EIS for 2 days I have noticed significant system slow down...whether it is boot up time or dealing with windows explorer. explorer takes some seconds to open..hard drive seems to be busy ...looks like my system is not liking the new antibiotics..

Reactions: nissimezra

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
After testing EIS for 2 days I have noticed significant system slow down...whether it is boot up time or dealing with windows explorer. explorer takes some seconds to open..hard drive seems to be busy ...looks like my system is not liking the new antibiotics..

So Try ESET Smart Security 7.
I am using ESET Smart Security from many years & Slow Down from ESET is like a impossible thing.

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
So Try ESET Smart Security 7.
I am using ESET Smart Security from many years & Slow Down from ESET is like a impossible thing.

Uninstalled EIS and installed ESET SS 7...so far I am happy...seems lighter than EIS or kaspersky..but couldnt find setting for preventing auto quarentine..

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
thanks..changed that setting just now..
some say zero day protection is not upto the mark in ESS? is it?
I'm an MSE user, it has been doing a very good job, 4.5 years 2 infection on 8 pc's it's osem for me
I've been using ESET IS (hate firewalls) for the last 2 month and made a lot of test, what I found that its web filter is just amazing, it's blocking around 95% of all infected web url's in zero day. however it has some false positive
as for detecting rate from what i've seen in this forum it's on the top 3 along with emisoft and 360 is

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Uninstalled EIS and installed ESET SS 7...so far I am happy...seems lighter than EIS or kaspersky..but couldnt find setting for preventing auto quarentine..

Really ESET itself decide which file to quarantine, if you do not want the files to auto quarantine
Untitled.png

1. Open ESET UI
2. Press F5
3. Than RealTime Protection
4. Setup
5. Cleaning
6. Rest see the Image.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Thanks for this..really helpful :)

You are welcome,
I would suggest you to Enable detection Potentially Unwanted & Unsafe Application in ESET, This will Increase zero-day protection & ESET's PUP detection is awesome which blocks most of Adwares.

Have Fun, If you need any help related ESET you are always welcome, My Experience with ESET might be usefull to you.

Untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.