App Review Cisco Immunet Antivirus Free 7

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello,
Today we are going to test the Cisco antivirus named Immunet Antivirus 7.
Immunet is a fairly recent American antivirus. Previously owned by Sourcefire, it was acquired by Cisco around 2017.
Cisco offers a free in-the-cloud antivirus to protect its users at the moment! Even if it contains a ClamAV base if the computer is not connected.
Unfortunately with all the efforts Cisco makes, it is not enough.
Immunet is too average in detection, lets many infections through (including RAT activities).
The PC is infected but is finished by my home-made malware...
Immunet suffers by its poverty in shields, no web protection, no anti-attack shield, no pro-active protection, just a Cloud database which is totally insufficient in 2021 to protect a computer efficiently!
Completely ineffective, Immunet is not recommendable.

RAM Usage : Hight
Phishing Test : Does not contain web filtering, not tested
Malware URL test : 6/10 (4 trojan's missed)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected by database)
Malware Pack : Remaining 26 files.
Home Malware : 0/1 => MBR Blocked by my malware. End of the test

Request by @SecureKongo

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
immunet is a complimentary AV, as such, i'd like to see a test with the malware samples first only with defender, and then another test with defender coupled with immunet. immunet doesn't have to find all the samples, what it has to do is find something defender missed. i suspect it wouldn't be able to do that, but it would be revealing to test immunet's proclaimed objective.

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
immunet is a complimentary AV, as such, i'd like to see a test with the malware samples first only with defender, and then another test with defender coupled with immunet. immunet doesn't have to find all the samples, what it has to do is find something defender missed. i suspect it wouldn't be able to do that, but it would be revealing to test immunet's proclaimed objective.

Hello and thank you for your comment. :)

Unfortunately, the Immunet website does not mark it as an antivirus coupler, but it is offered as a full-fledged AV.
The request also.

I could make a test duo Defender + Immunet but it will not be for now, please excuse me.

Stelica

Level 2
Sep 27, 2021
Yes, Immunet is a complementary AV but if you install this in windows 10, it will disables windows defender. Cisco has not found a solution to not disable windows defender!

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
On their site they made it sound like a complementary anti-virus product "COMPATIBLE WITH EXISTING ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE for an extra layer of protection."

But if it disable Windows Defender so probably have Windows Security Center integration as Windows disable Defender if any other AV integrates it self with security centre.

Seem a bit werid for a program that seems be marketed as a complementary masquerading as a full antivirus program.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
On their site they made it sound like a complementary anti-virus product "COMPATIBLE WITH EXISTING ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE for an extra layer of protection."

But if it disable Windows Defender so probably have Windows Security Center integration as Windows disable Defender if any other AV integrates it self with security centre.

Seem a bit werid for a program that seems be marketed as a complementary masquerading as a full antivirus program.
As far as I know you can configure it as complementary somehow within the settings itself or while installation. But i am not 100% certain.

Stelica

Level 2
Sep 27, 2021
As far as I know you can configure it as complementary somehow within the settings itself or while installation. But i am not 100% certain.
It can be used as complementary AV with Avast, Avira, Panda, Bitdefender etc. but not with Windows Defender. There are questions related to compatibility with Windows Defender on their forum, but they did not offer solutions. When installed in windows 10 it registers as an antivirus and disables windows defender.

Stelica

Level 2
Sep 27, 2021
i haven't played with it for years, but as i recall back then, it would only turn off win defender if you downloaded the optional clam database, which i never used. i don't know if it still works that way.
Immunet can't coexist with Windows Defender in Windows 10 with or without ClamAV. Other companion antivirus such as malwarebytes has an option in the settings "integrate into Windows Security Center". If you set to "no", it doesn't integrate and therefore doesn't disable Defender, allowing you to run the two in tandem. Immunet doesn't include this feature, which means in Windows 10 it will automatically disable Defender. Many users have requested to find a similar solution, but they have ignored these requests.

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
Immunet can't coexist with Windows Defender in Windows 10 with or without ClamAV. Other companion antivirus such as malwarebytes has an option in the settings "integrate into Windows Security Center". If you set to "no", it doesn't integrate and therefore doesn't disable Defender, allowing you to run the two in tandem. Immunet doesn't include this feature, which means in Windows 10 it will automatically disable Defender. Many users have requested to find a similar solution, but they have ignored these requests.
you're correct. i hadn't used it for ... um ... lets say since win 7 days (?). so out of curiosity, i just downloaded it and tried playing with clam in the settings, and defender no longer turns off. with defender therefore, immunet is now useless. it may still have value with another AV like avast or panda or something. though, only testing would tell if it could pick something up they missed (which i doubt).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.