Claims of Windows 10 being buggy/unfinished

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

If you bought a car or tv and found it to be faulty you would expect it to be fixed or replaced right? windows is a system with problems

i can say the same for other OS. Linux is even worst than Windows after you install it. and i dont even talk about MacOS...you got a malware , you have no tools to clean it lol

I

illumination

i can say the same for other OS. Linux is even worst than Windows after you install it. and i dont even talk about MacOS...you got a malware , you have no tools to clean it lol
I would not say Linux is worse then windows. Simply because at least with linux, if you search hard enough, you can generally find a solution to any problems you come across, the same can not always be said of microsoft, as many times, you just have to either find a temporary work around or wait on manufactures of hardware to fix issues, or even micorosoft itself to patch a patch it has released.. ;)

That being said, the operating systems themselves are generally stable enough when released, but only towards specific systems, as they can not test it on every piece of hardware/combination of, out there before releasing it. All of them when first released run into issues because of this very reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I voted SOME bugs

Why?

Because one half says its running perfect for them. The other half say its giving off BSOD errors or failed.

Also another reason is... most Windows when a new Service pack updates or new OS is ready it takes mishaps in Windows to uncover corrections. Windows 10 is out too early, but its also usable and the bugs will be fixing as we speak.Then comes windows update to help out.

Should MS feel in the wrong. No, IMO... I dont think so. Should they work more on bugs and wait 4 more months, like Jan 2016... probably.

Though the user has until July 2016 to upgrade to Windows 10 for free :) That helps.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I voted SOME bugs

Why?

Because one half says its running perfect for them. The other half say its giving off BSOD errors or failed.

Also another reason is... most Windows when a new Service pack updates or new OS is ready it takes mishaps in Windows to uncover corrections. Windows 10 is out too early, but its also usable and the bugs will be fixing as we speak.Then comes windows update to help out.

Should MS feel in the wrong. No, IMO... I dont think so. Should they work more on bugs and wait 4 more months, like Jan 2016... probably.

Though the user has until July 2016 to upgrade to Windows 10 for free :) That helps.
So very true. :D

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
So very true. :D

Heh Oh good lol :) Nice to make sense! ;)

I remember reading when Windows 98 and XP SP 3 came around... wow! the problems people had upgrading to a service pack on XP.
Or the bugs talk of 98... compared to 95.

I do remember Windows 95 being very smooth to use, I don't recall a BSOD, and W/98 was good but rocky and would blue screen sometimes or "error out" and need a re-boot lol.

I think I used Windows 2000 once... but forgot, as it upgraded me to XP perfectly and for free, it was very weird at the time, but I appreciated the boost.

Reactions: frogboy

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
And another thing is, microsoft store still need improvement when it comes to apps that "suitable" with PC instead of putting all the "mobile like" apps into the store for PC. Well for that i didnt know either its related to Microsoft or the apps developer themselves

Get the terms right at least. :rolleyes:
  • Microsoft Store - Buy Hardware (Surface, Office subscriptions, Xbox, Band) etc. (http://www.microsoftstore.com/)
  • Windows Store - Download and Buy Apps (PC, Mobile including Universal apps). Purchased apps can be used on up to 10 devices. Automatically updated via the Windows Store.
Read up on Microsoft's announcement of Universal Windows Apps - TheVerge | Windows Blog

If you want desktop programs, do as if you were on Windows 7. Go to the developer site to download the "desktop" applications. Download the .exe, .zip or .msi. Check if malware-free and adware-free before installing. Update via the built-in checker or download a fresh version.

Difference, as far as I know:
  • Windows Store app (PC, Phone incl. Universal) - Works on any Windows RT, 8, 8.1 and 10 compatible devices.
  • Windows Desktop app (Windows) - Programs that work before the "App revolution" - If you want to point fingers, point them at Apple for being driving force behind it's popularity.
I agree that the Windows Store can be improved, but NOT on the basis of removing "mobile-like" apps.

At OP, voted Some, because... Windows 10 may be the last version of Windows, but will remain as an on-going project by Microsoft. Improved with new updates and features.

Reactions: Soulbound
D

Deleted member 178

I would not say Linux is worse then windows. Simply because at least with linux, if you search hard enough, you can generally find a solution to any problems you come across, the same can not always be said of microsoft, as many times

the problem with Linux is even you find a solution , the way you have to do to solve it is far more complicated than Windows; you have to pass via Terminal , type many command line that beginners will have trouble with...

not saying that drivers you may found for Linux are not optimized and have many glitches. i liked Linux as an advanced users but i get back to Windows because i don't want spend my days looking for scripts for each incompatibility i have.

Linux on an old machine is ok. On a high end system i rather go Win10.

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
If you bought a car or tv and found it to be faulty you would expect it to be fixed or replaced right? windows is a system with problems
You are forgetting Linux and Mac OS then, cause those are far from being problem free.

Like any other technology, there will always be:
*Compatibility issues which are patched accordingly
*Unhappy users who prefer previous version, yet when the previous version was rolled out, they also had the same exact opinion
*Happy users
*Users who take their time to adapt.

Like everything, adaptation is a must. User to OS, Software to OS.

W10 has the 1 month timeframe for those to roll back if they don't like it.

If you buy a TV and after a few days you don't like it, can you exchange 100%? nope.

Reactions: Andytay70

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
the problem with Linux is even you find a solution , the way you have to do to solve it is far more complicated than Windows; you have to pass via Terminal , type many command line that beginners will have trouble with...

not saying that drivers you may found for Linux are not optimized and have many glitches. i liked Linux as an advanced users but i get back to Windows because i don't want spend my days looking for scripts for each incompatibility i have.

Linux on an old machine is ok. On a high end system i rather go Win10.

Depending on what distro you use, you might want to reconsider the Linux on old machine is fine.

Any KDE or Gnome Shell on an old machine will not be as "lightning fast" as many who have not used Linux will assume. Taking debian aside, any KDE based distro uses on Idle over 600MB RAM.

Drivers in Linux ain't the only issue. People tend to just blame drivers. Yet people do not know or understand other things: Automatic Kernel Upgrades by some distros often than not will make you reinstall everything.

Running Arch? well reconsider reviewing every package update and its mailing list before upgrading, because if you do not and something ain't right, you go the tedious way of reinstalling or go try to find the cause (and no, Arch does not release 1 update at a time)
Running Ubuntu and its variations? Sure, seems stable running LTS 14.04 right? Expect Kubuntu users had one tinny little problem: patch released by Ubuntu did not consider KDE users on official patch day and injected Gnome dependencies on a KDE environment. Plenty users were like: What happened?

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
The claim that Microsoft released Windows 10 too soon is not really true, Windows 10 by way of the Insider program has to be the most thoroughly tested Windows OS prior to it's official release. There is just no way to have it work with 100% of the hardware and software people are using and it may take a little time for the "bugs" to get worked out, oh and by the way a lot of that depends on hardware manufacturers and software developers to make their products compatible with Windows 10. In the end I don't care what OS you use or for how long you use it, every once in awhile there will be some glitch somewhere, is it a bug or just the nature of the beast?

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
There is just no way to have it work with 100% of the hardware and software
I'd be happy if it just worked 100% with itself. It is not a finished product; it is a "we can release it and fix the problems afterwards" state that is more common these days.

BSODs and such: that's why any prudent tech doesn't do in-place upgrades (or in this case, you wipe it and clean install afterwards).

Hardware is pretty static and Microsoft has generic drivers for most of it; any issues are more likely from outdated OEM-proprietary drivers that weren't necessary or bloatware.

Reactions: frogboy

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Works awesome for me, we are using the same OS, it must be the hardware and software conflicting if you are having issues that I am not, so I would say it works with itself quite well and was Windows XP or Vista or 7 or 8 a totally finished product when they were released? Like I said Windows 10 is probably the most tested on more devices than any previous version so saying it's worse or not finished compared to the others is wrong, some people just hate Microsoft no matter what they do, we all have our own opinions and I wish it was working for you like it is working for me.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I would say it works with itself quite well
Check your event log and tell me what you see.
was Windows XP or Vista or 7 or 8 a totally finished product
XP was totally...only OS (besides 10) that I didn't wait for SP1 to release before upgrading and my corrupted Win7 is what catalysed my Win10 upgrade. Win7 was totally finished as Vista was it's beta (snicker) and 8...well...8 should have never happened, finished or otherwise.
I like 10; I just wouldn't call it a quality release by any stretch of the imagination. I've played games in year-long betas with more polish than this and they were implementing new technologies--Win10 isn't.
Windows 10 is probably the most tested on more devices
Don't confuse "release a preview build in the wild" as an actual test--it was a survey of users (like, how much advertising can we get away with) rather than a test of the software. I'm sure it was also a CYA move by the current VP of Win10, lest he wind up like the former Win8 VP.
some people just hate Microsoft no matter what they do
ad hominem isn't useful

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Lol I just said some people hate MS no matter what, I didn't disparage you in any way. I've upgraded from Win 3.1 to Windows 10 and most in between including Xp and for me Windows 10 was the smoothest is all I'm saying and saying Windows 10 wasn't actually tested is pure speculation on your part, I didn't see any ads for any other software during the preview builds, peace.

H

hjlbx

Of course any new Windows release is going to be buggy and, for some, be a bad user experience. This is true most softs, but is doubly true for any computer operating system. Few ever consider the fact that Windows has to work on literally many millions of different systems with a huge variation in hardware, firmware, other apps, networking, etc, etc.

Anyone with experience knows that, generally, the first 12 months of a new Windows release can be quite problematic...

The problem, in this case, is not Windows. The problem are those users that have the expectation that Windows 10 will work perfectly; they have no true understanding of how the soft release process works.

Don't get me wrong... I do understand user disappointment and frustration. A buggy soft can be a handful, cause confusion and be a dismal, frustrating experience.

Look down at my signature. I am a dedicated Comodo user. What does that tell you... ??!!!

I have learned that patience - and especially resourcefulness and an open mind and determination to solve problem(s) - goes a very long way in all things IT...

Sometimes the best thing for a user to do is to abandon a soft until the bugs get sorted out or avoid the soft altogether.

@Umbra makes the comment that anyone who complains about Windows 10 should use a Linux Distro. I know exactly what he means... and I have never used a Linux Distro because I know what he means...

Reactions: juhful

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Lol I just said some people hate MS no matter what, I didn't disparage you in any way
I didn't take it that way.
Windows 10 wasn't actually tested is pure speculation
I didn't say it wasn't actually tested; I didn't agree that it was "the most tested..." release.
I didn't see any ads for any other software during the preview builds
Then you didn't use it as thoroughly as I or the rest of the angry mob who provided insider feedback (you won't see it if you aren't on an Insider build still).
I've upgraded from Win 3.1 to Windows 10
Same here (well, since DOS 2.11 really and I skipped that whole Win8 thing). Win10 quality compared to all other releases (OK except for DOS 5.0, which was garbage) is sub-par--to put it politely.
This is true most softs, but is doubly true for any computer operating system.
Not by my experience. If Microsoft wants to keep enterprise share, they better not slip on quality: a free upgrade is one thing, "Software Assurance" for buggy OSes isn't going to fly.
Anyone with experience knows that, generally, the first 12 months of a new Windows release can be quite problematic
A shakedown of hardware/software incompatibilities isn't a fault or bug of the OS but lag time for Devs/OEMs to adapt.
anyone who complains about Windows 10 should use a Linux Distro
Not complaining...just being objective. Win10 isn't quite finished; it has some issues that clearly demonstrate the new paradigm of "release now, fix later".

Last edited:

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Angry mob? Well I did use it thoroughly and as far as the "angry mob" I don't see one as most people disagree with you but I'm done now, try to enjoy life a little and don't take any of this personally, for some reason you come off angry, just sharing my opinion and experience.:)

D

Deleted member 178

I have learned that patience - and especially resourcefulness and an open mind and determination to solve problem(s) - goes a very long way in all things IT...

a good IT is a patient IT , an impatient one is just a computer geek :D

MS has the luxury to do unfinished products to please the mass because the mass always want new version, and the mass just use Windows

Running Ubuntu and its variations? Sure, seems stable running LTS 14.04 right? Expect Kubuntu users had one tinny little problem: patch released by Ubuntu did not consider KDE users on official patch day and injected Gnome dependencies on a KDE environment. Plenty users were like: What happened?

exactly what happened to me. on Kubuntu 15 , half the stuff i could do on v14 were obsolete or buggy.

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
given article totally talks against microsoft, how can you say microsoft rushed in releasing the operating system, they took 7 months after releasing insiders preview, no this is not the preview version that we're using, if there would have been only settings option then how would you have been able to make some changes like synaptics touch pad that only shows up in control panel (comes with it's software & drivers), settings is latest thing, control panel is also necessary one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.