Cleaning Google Chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amiga500

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Im Currently using Google Chrome browser 64bit on my linux computer.Is using chromes built in cleaning function ideal or should i be using an extension and if so which one please.

I hear history eraser is good.
Opinions.?

Hadden

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
I don't like cleaning built in chrome (it's ok, but I can't choose).
I use Clear Cache extension, which allows you what elements erase (in options) and clicking on its button in every moment (to erase).

Reactions: Oxygen

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Hadden Could you explain why you don't like it? What do you not like, or what is missing?

upload_2016-6-27_21-22-14.png

Hadden

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
Actually, I think both are fine. However I prefer the extension as it has some more options (the extension should purge some more temp files of chrome apps/extensions/stored files, which I don't see in default view).

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I use History Eraser and I really like it....IMO It does its job well,and I like that fact that I can constantly see the number of sites I have visited since my last clean.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes it is ideal because already a part concept of a browser.

You may go to Private Browsing all the time to avoid cleaning the traces always or use extensions that can automatically clear the data as you close the browser always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.