App Review Clearsight Antivirus Premium 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello everyone and welcome to the Clearsight test!
Clearsight is a totally unknown antivirus. It uses the engine of the Austrian antivirus, Ikarus.

The interface is nice but quite buggy, I had trouble disabling the antivirus while scanning the package.
Protection level, on the Web, it is good, but is based too much on its database.
On the pack, Clearsight lets a lot of infection through, that the VM is close to agony !
I can make the same reproach towards Ikarus, it does NOT have advanced protection !
It is totally insufficient nowadays to rely only on a virus database...
Moreover, it is impossible to activate the firewall of the antivirus, the function to activate it simply does not work...
And finally, Clearsight crashed the machine twice during the test, which forced me to reboot the machine.... I suspect a coding problem.

Clearsight is a not recommended antivirus, it doesn't know how to protect you.

RAM Usage : Average
Malware URL test : 7/10 (3 malwares missed)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 32 files out of 166.
Disastrous result. During execution, Clearsight is completely helpless against malware attacks.
It has no advanced protection to counter them.
The virtual machine is close to death and gets very infected.

Resistance to script attacks: No

Result :
Clearsight : Could not finish the analysis despite a very long scan, a malware killed the analysis process
NPE: 33
KVRT : 66

Recommand : No
System Clean : No, system infected

@Popolitus request

csjames

Nov 24, 2022
Hello everyone and welcome to the Clearsight test!
Clearsight is a totally unknown antivirus. It uses the engine of the Austrian antivirus, Ikarus.

The interface is nice but quite buggy, I had trouble disabling the antivirus while scanning the package.
Protection level, on the Web, it is good, but is based too much on its database.
On the pack, Clearsight lets a lot of infection through, that the VM is close to agony !
I can make the same reproach towards Ikarus, it does NOT have advanced protection !
It is totally insufficient nowadays to rely only on a virus database...
Moreover, it is impossible to activate the firewall of the antivirus, the function to activate it simply does not work...
And finally, Clearsight crashed the machine twice during the test, which forced me to reboot the machine.... I suspect a coding problem.

Clearsight is a not recommended antivirus, it doesn't know how to protect you.

RAM Usage : Average
Malware URL test : 7/10 (3 malwares missed)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 32 files out of 166.
Disastrous result. During execution, Clearsight is completely helpless against malware attacks.
It has no advanced protection to counter them.
The virtual machine is close to death and gets very infected.

Resistance to script attacks: No

Result :
Clearsight : Could not finish the analysis despite a very long scan, a malware killed the analysis process
NPE: 33
KVRT : 66

Recommand : No
System Clean : No, system infected

@Popolitus request

Thanks for your input, but I would would have appreciated your bringing this to our attention before reporting such a test publicly. The product has OPSWAT Gold Certification for Malware detection, whom i think offer a more comprehensive and professional review than yours in this instance. However I will take onboard your script execution issue that you reported and investigate further.

Clearsight runs in parallels with Microsoft Defender, it is not a Microsoft Defender replacement. Therefore any detections if we don't see them will be blocked at source.

Restoro is only detected by Fortinet as a virus, that's because it is not a virus, it is a PUA so should be treated as such. so based on the inaccuracy of the review we should be 9/9.

cheers.

1669976679112.png

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Thanks for your input, but I would would have appreciated your bringing this to our attention before reporting such a test publicly. The product has OPSWAT Gold Certification for Malware detection, whom i think offer a more comprehensive and professional review than yours in this instance. However I will take onboard your script execution issue that you reported and investigate further.

Clearsight runs in parallels with Microsoft Defender, it is not a Microsoft Defender replacement. Therefore any detections if we don't see them will be blocked at source.

Restoro is only detected by Fortinet as a virus, that's because it is not a virus, it is a PUA so should be treated as such. so based on the inaccuracy of the review we should be 9/9.

cheers.

View attachment 271078
How should your product perform better in a "professional" test when it can't even protect the computer in an "amateur" test? And Shadowra asked for your allowance to test the product in another thread.
So it's really unprofessional trying to find the problem in his testing. Your product obviously has some flaws that need to be addressed. Instead of criticising him you could try to improve your product with the help of some useful inputs by the members of MalwareTips. We are not your enemies. It's in everybody's interest to find another niche AV that can replace one of the big players.

Screenshot 2022-12-02 121243.jpg

Your post: Question - Clearsight Antivirus - What's your opinion?

Last edited:

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

cheers.
Hello Clearsight :)

Yes I am not a professional but I have an excellent reputation on this forum :)
I said I was going to test your software but I got no answer....

You say that it works in parallel with MS but we know that we should not use 2 antivirus programs! I didn't even find an option to use it as a 2nd scan....
Your software is full of bugs and I have pointed this out, especially since all antivirus programs undergo the same testing process as Clearsight.

csjames

Nov 24, 2022
Hello Clearsight :)

Yes I am not a professional but I have an excellent reputation on this forum :)
I said I was going to test your software but I got no answer....

You say that it works in parallel with MS but we know that we should not use 2 antivirus programs! I didn't even find an option to use it as a 2nd scan....
Your software is full of bugs and I have pointed this out, especially since all antivirus programs undergo the same testing process as Clearsight.
I appreciate your point and if you would send me the bugs I will get them looked at. please send me a PM.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Clearsight runs in parallels with Microsoft Defender, it is not a Microsoft Defender replacement.
Nothing on your website or within the application's UI indicates this. If Clearsight is meant to be a supplementary solution and not used as a user's primary protection, that should be clearly indicated, preferably before installation.

csjames

Nov 24, 2022
Nothing on your website or within the application's UI indicates this. If Clearsight is meant to be a supplementary solution and not used as a user's primary protection, that should be clearly indicated, preferably before installation.
It can and does run alone, in the same way Malwarebytes does. Malwarebytes does not say it runs as a second layer on a pc running an AV already either but it does.

We have a lot to do, I've taken the feedback seriously. That includes updating a lot of stuff on the website.

Please keep in mind that we are not a huge vendor, we are starting out.

We will get it right :)

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022

cheers.

View attachment 271078
Or in Regular speak: "You made us look bad, we can not influence the test results by paying an unknown entity we can only pay off "professional" organizations!" "Next we will show you that ZDNET, CNET rank us #1 and we are highly recommended by prestigious news organizations like The Infowars and a musician Kanye West!"

The gall of this company is just freaking amusing! Thank you for making me laugh with that post, I really needed the humor since my wife is down with the flu and I am busy taking care of a toddler!

@Shadowra thank goodness you are not using Youtube or this company would complain about your test just like some other company that is known to do that *cough* Bit *cough* defender and would have gotten your account banned.

@csjames welcome to the likes of Elon Musk and Kanye West, just grab a shovel and start digging yourself in.

I understand that your company will probably take all of these comments personally, but they are not meant that way. They are meant to show, how not to talk to people, even small-time independent testers on a small-time malware website. There are better ways to communicate your disagreements with the test, mainly by pointing out where the test went wrong, how the setup was done incorrectly and most importantly how to improve the setup and the test in order to reflect the whole capability of your defense suite. The most important part of your reply should have been that you have noticed possible holes in the defense, that you will investigate the deficiencies and attempt to arrive at a solution. The meat and potatoes of a PR nightmare gone wrong is not to blame the party doing the testing, it's to identify inconsistencies, acknowledge any possible deficiencies and work on methods to fix them while thanking the tester for pointing them out.

Last edited:

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
And frankly it should be free, since why overload your system with a secondary real time scanning solution that uses definitions vs something that is supplemental like an anti-executable? Windows Defender is already heavy as it is, so to add another real-time virus scanner is just in my own personal opinion a very bad IT practice. Besides, what happens if one engine catches the virus and attempting to clean it while the second engine is also acting up on the detection? How is the dual detection regime handled? In the past, when one ran two separate engines from two separate AV companies, then there was a chance of letting an infection through, just based on that conflict of who gets the file first and who locks it out. Since now, both engines are fighting for dominance over the rights to the file.

Last edited:

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
thank goodness you are not using Youtube or this company would complain about your test just like some other company that is known to do that *cough* Bit *cough* defender and would have gotten your account banned.
Even if he did I doubt a complaint from a small player like Clearsight would do anything anyway, YouTube only listens to complains from organisations that spend a lots on Google/YouTube ads.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.