New Update ClearURLs

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
See, that's exactly what I was wondering. I only have four extensions, and I want to keep it that way if possible.
Then go for the two filters. (y)
I am not sure if the script you mentioned provides much of a benefit if you are already using those filters. The script is also quite outdated (from 2019)

Reactions: [correlate]

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Last edited:

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
I use Firefox with Adguard for Desktop (I have to use the latter because apps like Ferdium can't install extensions), with several filters and features related to stripping URLs of tracking parameters turned on.

I go to Google and search for something, then right-click and "Copy Link." When I open a new tab and paste it, what's pasted isn't the URL of the link but Google tracking parameters.

However, when I have ClearURLs installed, the browser copies and pastes the exact URL of the link.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.