oldschool

Level 57
Verified
ClearURLs update: v.1.20.0

  • Added Dutch translation by Harm M.
  • Changed url decoding to prevent endless loop
  • Performance optimizations for rules by @thexeos
  • Changed default rules and hash host to Github Pages
  • Changed rules changelog button href to the new rules submodule repo
  • Updated various translations - thanks to all contributors
Currently available in Chrome Web Store only, which is stange since it's usually last to get updates.
 

HarborFront

Level 55
Verified
Content Creator
I think it still hasn't settled the eTag issue. Below is taken from Chrome Web Store for ClearURLs

All functions in a nutshell

* Removes tracking from URLs automatically in the background
* Blocks some common ad domains (optional)
* Has a built-in tool to clean up multiple URLs at once
* Supports redirection to the destination, without tracking services as middleman
* Adds an entry to the context menu so that links can be copied quickly and cleanly
* Blocks hyperlink auditing, also known as ping tracking
* Prevents tracking injection over history API
* Prevents Google from rewriting the search results (to include tracking elements)
* Prevents Yandex from rewriting the search results (to include tracking elements)

 

oldschool

Level 57
Verified
I've added italics for emphasis.

ETag filtering not working? (#524) · Issues · Kevin R. / ClearURLs
That's weird. ClearURLs removes the ETag header, but Chromium somehow seems to store it anyway, so it doesn't matter if ClearURLs deletes it or not.

I have to investigate this again. Maybe it would help if I also remove the If-None-Match header. If it is no longer sent, it should theoretically not be possible to map it anymore with the ETag. However, this header is also used for POST requests to avoid duplicates. So here we need to make a distinction by request type. I don't know yet whether this is possible so easily.
ClearURLs fails the eTag test at Cookieless Cookies. · Issue #67 · ClearURLs/Addon
I know about this problem. Unfortunately, the eTag filtering under Chrome does not work correctly at the moment. Under Firefox everything is cleaned up correctly. I have to find out why this is the case.
 
Last edited:
Top