New Update ClearURLs

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I get specially and continuously logged out of MalwareTips and YouTube.
It might be good to start a seperate discussion thread for add-ons that log us out of websites as well as other side-effects that we know, or suspect they cause, which are not their intended actions. I'm guessing that there may be quite a lot and this could prove a useful feedback source for the developers.

toto_10

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
It might be good to start a seperate discussion thread for add-ons that log us out of websites as well as other side-effects that we know, or suspect they cause, which are not their intended actions. I'm guessing that there may be quite a lot and this could prove a useful feedback source for the developers.

Perfect idea(y)
Even when ClearURLs is disabled I still get logged out of YouTube and MalwareTips but not so often as before. Now I'm suspecting ad block filters. I disabled 'AdGuard Social Media'. So far no problem.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
If he have Umatrix and has these things enabled then I can see why he got logged out.
Tell him check from top if he have the first 3 row enable and how.

Attachments

• Watch what you tick..PNG
    Watch what you tick..PNG
    13.8 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Thanks for fixing my problem @Terry Ganzi (y)

I now turned into a new problem. When I have ClearURLs enabled and open multiple tabs(10), like YouTube, Twitch etc. my browser loses internet connection and I have to restart my browser to get it back to normal. Anyone else excerpering same as I?
Sound like you have deeper problems.
The addon doesn't modify your connection in any way, so it can't be the problem here. Try with a clean browser profile

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
If you want to test whether the extension(s) can block eTags (aka cookieless cookies) test at below site

Lucb1e.com :: Cookieless Cookies

In FF, I'm using ClearURLs and Forget Me Not. Both can block eTags. Using uBO and ABP in place of Adguard AdBlocker
- ClearURLs clears URLs in addition to blocking eTags
- Forget Me Not clears cookies from many locations and clearing/blocking eTags as well on creation

In Brave, I'm using Classic Cache Killer to block eTags. Clearing URLs is handled by Adguard AdBlocker. You can also use ClearURLs in Brave which clears both the URLs and eTags but you lose some features in the AdGuard AdBlocker. Not using uBO or ABP here.

Last edited:

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
not work in edge stable/dev chromium i have uBO,HTTPS e.,Malwarebytes browser guard,Dark Reader,New tab redirect,i stop all ext and I just left only Clear urls,but not work,i have vers.1.16.0-i whait UPDATE !

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
not work in edge stable/dev chromium i have uBO,HTTPS e.,Malwarebytes browser guard,Dark Reader,New tab redirect,i stop all ext and I just left only Clear urls,but not work,i have vers.1.16.0-i whait UPDATE !

Try clearing your cache and history. Have you changed any settings in ClearURLs?

toto_10

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
Something is wrong with this extension. When I search around on the internet all of af sudden my browser lose internet connection, and notice it's only my browser. I have to restart my browser to get it back to normal. Around after 20-30 minuts I'm experiencing the same problem. I'm confident and sure it's ClearURLs. At the moment I have it disabled and everything is working normal.

I'm on Edge Chromium Stable.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.