New Update ClearURLs

cryogent

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
I'm using this extension in 4 browsers (Brave Beta, FF, Chrome Beta, Edge Developer) with different combination of extension but some of them are installed in all browsers (Netcraft, Privacy Possum - except FF where i use Badger, BD TrafficLight, Adguard Adblocker, Cookie AutoDelete) and so far is working great, no delays, no crashing sites....

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I'm using this extension in 4 browsers (Brave Beta, FF, Chrome Beta, Edge Developer) with different combination of extension but some of them are installed in all browsers (Netcraft, Privacy Possum - except FF where i use Badger, BD TrafficLight, Adguard Adblocker, Cookie AutoDelete) and so far is working great, no delays, no crashing sites....
Adguard AdBlocker has a URL cleaning feature similar to ClearURLs which you can disable since you are using the latter

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
exemple :
--hxxps://login.yahoo.com/?.src=ym&lang=&done=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.yahoo.com%2F%3Fguce_referrer%3DaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8%26guce_referrer_sig%3DAQAAAHTLeNBsAJTVVbwU2PKKgh_luX6Ba-C6KqKiFOm8MY7ZbvN53VP5yFW2t9RJyNZHZgIqTMPksqhtY4MK-nBW8WkTW9CYwJm-iMd3x1h0j96f9-954l-CkhvShAAtexC91FZXRGB4o63Xo5eZ-o24mCCJZE_b-fJIh94mzZrpuwgL--

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

exemple :
--hxxps://login.yahoo.com/?.src=ym&lang=&done=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.yahoo.com%2F%3Fguce_referrer%3DaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8%26guce_referrer_sig%3DAQAAAHTLeNBsAJTVVbwU2PKKgh_luX6Ba-C6KqKiFOm8MY7ZbvN53VP5yFW2t9RJyNZHZgIqTMPksqhtY4MK-nBW8WkTW9CYwJm-iMd3x1h0j96f9-954l-CkhvShAAtexC91FZXRGB4o63Xo5eZ-o24mCCJZE_b-fJIh94mzZrpuwgL--
You should avoid using such services then.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Adguard (desktop) have this option to clear urls ,how i activate in edge ,i need Adguard Browser Extension ?
Not work :( in Adguard "Strip Urls of tracking parameters" :(
what do you mean not work? Did you test it?

If you have Adguard Desktop it should work by default on Edge Chromium, if not you can simply add it.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Adguard (desktop) have this option to clear urls ,how i activate in edge ,i need Adguard Browser Extension ?
Not work :( in Adguard "Strip Urls of tracking parameters" :(
In the Adguard Browser Extension under Stealth Mode you can find it in Removing Tracking Parameters. The following are the default parameters

utm_source,utm_medium,utm_term,utm_campaign,utm_content,utm_name,utm_cid,utm_reader,utm_viz_id,utm_pubreferrer,utm_swu,utm_referrer,utm_social,utm_social-type,utm_place,utm_userid,utm_channel,fb_action_ids,fb_action_types,fb_ref,fb_source

You can add more parameters

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
^i have Adguard Dsktop,AG's Settings > Stealth Mode > Strip URLs of tracking parameters. But not work,i re install ClearUrls but i whait for update not clear "&sclient=psy-ab"
Remember that Adguard doesn't have an extensive amount of rules compare to ClearURL. So, not everything that ClearURL removes will be removed by Adguard.

Still the rules Adguard has should cover around 90% of sites

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.