Serious Discussion Clicking link in email leading to adult sites

General Security Discussions
3 Replies 751 Views

Andy1967

New Member
I have recently clicked on an innocent looking link in an email only to then have 5 or 6 adult sites to pop up and open instantly. Has anyone had a any similar incidents. The email looked quite genuine (Money Saving Expert!) but obviously was disguised. Unfortunately I deleted the email so have no trace.
 
Sorry to hear about your experience. This is a common phishing tactic. Always be cautious and avoid clicking on links from emails unless you're certain of the sender's identity. Install a good antivirus software and consider using a pop-up blocker to prevent such incidents in the future.
 
You can use DNS as as well as a browser extension to block adult webpages, list of various family filters:
 
I have recently clicked on an innocent looking link in an email only to then have 5 or 6 adult sites to pop up and open instantly. Has anyone had a any similar incidents. The email looked quite genuine (Money Saving Expert!) but obviously was disguised. Unfortunately I deleted the email so have no trace.
It's highly unlikely that you got infected, unless you downloaded and opened a exe file from one of sites. They most likely are just ads trying to get you to pay for something.
 
Last edited:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top