Video CLOSED - Challenge VoodooShield (and Win a lifetime License!)

Are you interested by this challenge and VoodooShield?

• Total voters

SHvFl

Level 32
Content Creator
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
Thanks a lot!

So as @Av Gurus wrote it took about 2 min to test 50 files. It means only about 8 files or even less were checked by VT. Anyway VS gave 100% protection - mostly from VAi. Good result!
Yep, assuming his ip is not shared then he probably had 8 checks from VT if it took 2 min only. I agree VAi is pretty solid.
I think the reason VS dev tested with VAi only in his video was so he had a constant and not some files checked and some others not checked.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
even though I have been to the site posted in the video Av Guru linked to I have never clicked on the bittorerent link until today . all I can say is wow. I would have to leave my puter on all night just to download the first torrent zip with qtorrent. 4 t-bytes of malware?

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 32
Content Creator
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
So if VS doesn't get to quarantine the files do I count it against it? It may block it but I have no way to keep score unless it quarantines the file..
Pretty sure the file is only quarantine automatically when detected by the VT scan.

So as it is with VT free api most files will not be checked by VT and will only be checked by VAi. So not many will get quarantined. They will just get blocked. Can't test it atm to make sure but at least settings show this.

What makes sense is to count files that were able to run against it.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
I am scared about finishing my testing with VS. I was using the efficacy test for it but I have no idea why most files were getting past it. I installed and did a snapshot with VS BEFORE I put the samples on my computer, but it ended up with a 0 %. I am probally just going to end on VS since Avaria and Bitdefender (Free) aren't responsive during the test..

I am scared about finishing my testing with VS. I was using the efficacy test for it but I have no idea why most files were getting past it. I installed and did a snapshot with VS BEFORE I put the samples on my computer, but it ended up with a 0 %. I am probally just going to end on VS since Avaria and Bitdefender (Free) aren't responsive during the test..
What is "Avaria"?

And you mean 0% for VS with efficacytest?

To test VS with efficacytest, you should untick the option "Automatically allow by parent process" & "Auto Deactivate feature".

SHvFl

Level 32
Content Creator
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
@J Gamez065 Very nice video and smart to launch the malware with cmd so no weird whitelist issues with efficiency test happen. Also you added the results in comments for the lazy people. Would give a perfect 10 to the video if it had links to the exact time each product test starts. ;)