App Review CLOSED - Challenge VoodooShield (and Win a lifetime License!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Are you interested by this challenge and VoodooShield?

• Total voters

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Thanks a lot!

So as @Av Gurus wrote it took about 2 min to test 50 files. It means only about 8 files or even less were checked by VT. Anyway VS gave 100% protection - mostly from VAi. Good result!
Yep, assuming his ip is not shared then he probably had 8 checks from VT if it took 2 min only. I agree VAi is pretty solid.
I think the reason VS dev tested with VAi only in his video was so he had a constant and not some files checked and some others not checked.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
I just run the test with 50 files again and measure the time, it take about 4min...

Clipboard01.png

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
So if VS doesn't get to quarantine the files do I count it against it? It may block it but I have no way to keep score unless it quarantines the file..
Pretty sure the file is only quarantine automatically when detected by the VT scan.
zvv2uBa.png

So as it is with VT free api most files will not be checked by VT and will only be checked by VAi. So not many will get quarantined. They will just get blocked. Can't test it atm to make sure but at least settings show this.

What makes sense is to count files that were able to run against it.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I am scared about finishing my testing with VS. I was using the efficacy test for it but I have no idea why most files were getting past it. I installed and did a snapshot with VS BEFORE I put the samples on my computer, but it ended up with a 0 %. I am probally just going to end on VS since Avaria and Bitdefender (Free) aren't responsive during the test..

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I am scared about finishing my testing with VS. I was using the efficacy test for it but I have no idea why most files were getting past it. I installed and did a snapshot with VS BEFORE I put the samples on my computer, but it ended up with a 0 %. I am probally just going to end on VS since Avaria and Bitdefender (Free) aren't responsive during the test..
What is "Avaria"?

And you mean 0% for VS with efficacytest?

To test VS with efficacytest, you should untick the option "Automatically allow by parent process" & "Auto Deactivate feature".

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.