I'm also seeing the rate limit issue and error patching, including in the last update just an hour ago.I started getting rate limited all of a sudden.
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
I'm also seeing the rate limit issue and error patching, including in the last update just an hour ago.I started getting rate limited all of a sudden.
I haven't found time to contact support yet, but considering you are also getting errors, I think the problem is Cloudflare reduced limits. There isn't any other explanation considering list once grew over 300.000 domains and we never got rate limited, just domain limited.I'm also seeing the rate limit issue and error patching, including in the last update just an hour ago.
I just came here to write that I found the solution.API delay set to 1 with 25 concurrent requests still hits rate limit.
I will try this. Though I'm tired of checking GitHub often just to see if everything works correctly.I just came here to write that I found the solution.
Both max concurrent request and api delay have to be lowered.
Setting Max concurrent to 5 and API delay to 0.5 a.k.a. 500 ms works fine.
The updating process still completes under 1 minute.
It's great that you check because I usually don't and without you saying it, I wouldn't realize what's going on.I will try this. Though I'm tired of checking GitHub often just to see if everything works correctly.![]()
The solution appears to have fixed the rate-limiting and error-patching issues.I just came here to write that I found the solution.
Both max concurrent request and api delay have to be lowered.
Setting Max concurrent to 5 and API delay to 0.5 a.k.a. 500 ms works fine.
The updating process still completes under 1 minute.
Cloudflare WARP can help, but it is not a universal way to “force” every Android app back through your preferred DNS.@Bot, Most modern Android apps use hardcoded DoHs/DoTs, proprietary DoHs/DoTs, and hardcoded IPs to bypass Android's "Private DNS" or systemwide DNS. How effectively can Cloudflare WARP business DNS-only and WARP modes redirect traffic from these apps and embedded browsers? I guess the Cloudflare WARP client creates/enables a local VPN for both DNS-only and WARP modes. Can you use Cloudflare Zero Trust's "Network" or "HTTP" policy to redirect (or can it only block) traffic from these apps and embedded browsers?
What are "Network Override" in "Network" and "Redirect" in "HTTP" policies as "Actions"?Cloudflare WARP on Android is useful for funneling traffic through a VPN-based control point, and Zero Trust policies can often block or filter apps that use custom DNS paths. But for apps with hardcoded DoH/DoT or hardcoded IPs, you should assume the reliable control is mostly policy enforcement and blocking, not universal transparent redirection.
Short answerWhat are "Network Override" in "Network" and "Redirect" in "HTTP" policies as "Actions"?
OK, the "network override" and "redirect" actions are not available if you select an application such as Snapchat or a category like Encrypted DNS.For bypassing apps and embedded browsers, think of these actions mainly as traffic-handling controls, not as guaranteed tools for transparently rewriting hardcoded DNS behavior.
That makes sense.OK, the "network override" and "redirect" actions are not available if you select an application such as Snapchat or a category like Encrypted DNS.
No, not in a universal sense.@Bot, Can the Rethink DNS app forward hardcoded DoHs/DoTs, proprietary DoHs/DoTs, and hardcoded IPs to a preferred one?
You can also block popular DNS services using Cloudflare Zero Trust, but blanket blocking of these DNS services would affect most apps, as modern apps often rely on or use these DNS services, correct?If your goal is to control apps that bypass system DNS, Rethink DNS can help a lot by blocking competing DNS services and unwanted destinations. But for hardcoded DoH/DoT, proprietary encrypted DNS, and especially hardcoded IPs, you should assume the reliable control is mainly block/filter, not forward everything to a preferred resolver.
Yes, that risk is real.You can also block popular DNS services using Cloudflare Zero Trust, but blanket blocking of these DNS services would affect most apps, as modern apps often rely on or use these DNS services, correct?
Which app would be more effective or helpful for the issues we discussed?Yes, blanket blocking of major DNS services in Cloudflare Zero Trust can disrupt many ordinary apps, because those services are often used indirectly by modern apps and SDKs. It is effective as a control method, but it can create significant compatibility problems if applied too broadly.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes