App Review Clyance (Home) vs Sophos (Home) vs Voodoshield

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Which Would You Use or Currently are Using

• Clyance

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Sophos

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Voodosheild

Votes: 25 92.6%

• Total voters

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015

Enjoy a quite an interesting test with 3,000 samples.

Video Description: With the advent of ransomware, the detection of malware pre-execution is more important than ever.

VoodooShield works great for Home, SMB and Enterprise endpoints.

Most security experts would agree that application whitelisting is one of the most effective security measures, but we also know how daunting traditional application whitelisting can be.

But that is not an excuse to not have VoodooShield lock your endpoints when they are at risk!

VoodooShield is essentially next generation application whitelisting that automatically customizes itself to each endpoint.

Just install it and forget it.

The full, unedited test videos, the 3,000 malware sample pack, and test result logs are available by request. Just email from the support link on www.voodooshield.com and let us know what you need.

Here are the samples used in the test:
http://www.voodooshield.com/artwork/SampleList2.txt

Thank you virusshare.com for providing the samples!

Last edited:

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
No internet connenction in Cylance video:
"Basically, Cylance encourages everyone to test in offline mode, so that it is absolutely clear that no blacklist or global whitelists were utilized during the test, and that only their Ai algorithms were used. "

N

NullByte

Well since the guys from VoodooShield loves to trash other security products I will test this "VoodooShield" product. BTW, I tend to believe the poor detection from "top" AVs. I'm not saying they are good since I didn't play with there product, I'm just saying that most AVs are useless.

Also, what I said about Avast in this post is true if you look at this video. I'm happy that other people can see it in a video. Avast and other security products need to have Default Deny by default (and only allow if the cloud lookup says it's clean) else they will fail.

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Does Sophos Home even have a connection to their Cloud?
Also I do not think the HitmanPro stuff is integrated in the Home version, redo the test with the real Endpoint version.

/W

Reactions: Logethica

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Does Sophos Home even have a connection to their Cloud?
Also I do not think the HitmanPro stuff is integrated in the Home version, redo the test with the real Endpoint version.

/W
It's not integrated. Basically the home version is just 1 layer which is the antivirus. They have a lot more as you noted.

Well since the guys from VoodooShield loves to trash other security products I will test this "VoodooShield" product.
Cool. Link us the video. The more test the better.

N

NullByte

Cool. Link us the video. The more test the better.
I can't make a video because my laptop is old and I can't run virtualbox and record at the same time. I can write an article and if the staff from any security product wants more info can message me (I'm not talking about Voodoo Shield, I'm taking about all my posts about any AV in general).

A surprise for you & all is coming soon...:)
Hope you & all will like the surprise...;)
I'm looking forward :)

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I can't make a video because my laptop is old and I can't run virtualbox and record at the same time. I can write an article and if the staff from any security product wants more info can message me (I'm not talking about Voodoo Shield, I'm taking about all my posts about any AV in general).

I'm looking forward :)
Still cool mate. Whatever each can do. Written analysis is also useful. Good luck.

A while back I came over this read in regards to VS:

Scrutiny from an Inquisitive mind: "POC or didn't happen" for AppCert Bypass

I do not understand all that, but it seems the guy hacking VS to pieces does know a lot when it comes to writing code. :)
I also do not know if this is still the case with today's version.

/W
The POC he posted was for version 2 and VS dev didn't agree with what said to be an exploit. He said he broke version 3 but he wanted a bounty to say how. You can look the topic on the other security site for more info.

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Most people that work in computer security wanna earn some money with finding ways to bypass a security product, I do too :D
I didn't say he shouldn't earn money for his work but i can't accept someone has a bypass because he said so either.
Even if i believe him i will not say he bypassed it when asked and spread false info without proof.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Dan should be proud,
There's a reason why VoodooShield remains on my system & I proudly wear my
VoodooShield Sig. Dan's hard work and attention to getting it right with out the shortcuts is why
VoodooShield is in a class by itself. Any shortcomings in the software are quickly found and dealt with.
Dan may remember me, I was sent his way by a mutual friend over at WebRoot back at the start when VoodooShield was very young I wrote a review or
gave some input, I may have been a little blunt, I was used to writing game reviews and not critiquing
someones product built on blood sweat and tears.
Dan embraced the feedback rather than telling me to go take a leap :)
Then he did the unthinkable, he offered me a key, and I have been hooked ever since. I cant tell you the joy of watching VoodooShield grow
in the face of critics as well as watching it evolve into the Awesome product it is now. Yes there's more room to grow, but
VoodooShield is on the right track, and Dan is one of the best Dev's around the proof is in the results.
A long and prosperous future to you my friend & VoodooShield.
PeAcE

N

NullByte

If I execute an encoded sample I get 1.0000 unsafe, If I take the digital signature from a safe file and add to the sample I get 0.7377 unsafe and If I cut the internet It only shows allow and block.

Installed the free version with auto-pilot. I will play a few days with the free version to check against other type of attack.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
If I execute an encoded sample I get 1.0000 unsafe, If I take the digital signature from a safe file and add to the sample I get 0.7377 unsafe and If I cut the internet It only shows allow and block.

Installed the free version with auto-pilot. I will play a few days with the free version to check against other type of attack.
Voodooshield relies on VT and VAi. For both to work they need internet access to VT and the VAI host(i think it's MS Azure). When offline it's a normal anti exe no fancy things and no auto deciding.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
When offline it's a normal anti exe no fancy things and no auto deciding.
Right SHvFI,
This is why I would say VoodooShield is not for the novice PC user because at this point VS will ask you for input on weather to allow or block the requested exe, and if you don't know or take the time to know what your clicking "yes" or "allow" to, your PC may end up in a world of hurt. All of my gaming buddies that are above average PC enthusiasts run Voodoo many of them exclusively and have not had infections for well over a year, VoodooShield and a well educated PC user means you don't need a traditional AV, or resource hogging Suite.
PeAcE

Last edited:
N

NullByte

The program looks good and it's better then I thought (tested with a few exploits and "tricks"). The downside is that is not for average user because it has a lot of FPs, mainly because of VirusTotal and the AI.

Also, what does the program do if you already have an infection and you install it?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.