App Review CMC Free Antivirus 2021

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the CMC test!
CMC Antivirus is a totally unknown antivirus from Vietnam.
The editor offers a free security solution, but without advanced security.
Indeed, the editor has only put a virus signature detection engine which is completely insufficient in 2022!

The test shows that CMC is poor in shields, but its detections unfortunately do not follow.
0 detection on the malicious links. 1 only on the false crack, and too few on the pack.
The system is quickly infected and blocked by a Ransomware.
It's a pity because by depriving it of defensive shields, it finds itself obsolete with its database, which does not help it.

RAM Usage : Light
Malware URL test : 0/9 (all missed, 1 dead)
Fake crack : 0/1 (1 detected, but the system gets infected quickly without CMC being able to react)
Malware Pack : Remains 28 files out of 42 malware. The PC is blocked by a Ransomware 10 seconds later. Failure

=> Impossible to pass the disinfection tools. The PC is blocked by a Ransomware.
You have to use a rescue CD to disinfect.
Failure

Recommand : No. Test failed
System Clean : No. System infected

@marciocruz and @alakazam request

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Told u so :p again, thanks for your time!

And again, I had fun passing Kaspersky Rescue :D
The result....

W3TrNUxO.png

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
As a Vietnamese, I used to use CMC and Bkav when I was a teen, I found them quite useless. I don't know if the current version has improved anything compared to the previous version? Looks like CMC is still as bad as before :whistle:
The current version of Bkav is much better. It did very well when I did a static scan of an old collection of malware. But, I have no idea how it would do with new threats.

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
The current version of Bkav is much better. It did very well when I did a static scan of an old collection of malware. But, I have no idea how it would do with new threats.

I think Bkav must be good on old malware and not on new ones because I rarely see it on VirusTotal....

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.