Battle Combo: Kaspersky + VDS + HMPA + (Zemana OR Emsisoft Anti-Malware)

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
So I have been using the KIS(Kaspersky Internet Security 2017) + VDS(Voodooshield) + HMPA(Hitman Pro Alert) (all premium) combination ,but recently it came to my attention that HMPA doesn't have Real Time protection, only on-demand via HMP scan.

Since both Zemana and Emsisoft Anti-Malware are lightweight, I would be interested in which would cause the least conflicts with the rest of the combination and which has stronger Real Time protection against Malware.

I don't intend to use Emsisoft's behavior blocker cause I'm aware it would cause conflicts and Kaspersky's is already in place.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I run KIS + VDS in real time, KIS is tweaked. ZAM and EAM Emergency kit on demand. I'm extremely happy with that combination it runs great on my system, no slowdowns and I consider a tweaked KIS along with VDS to be an extremely effective combo for real time protection.
I agree with that.
If still you think that you may have a problem then you can add Shadow Defender or Sandboxie to your security set up and then i think you are good to go.
p.s: If you are testing malware you should do it in a VM.
If you visit suspicious sites or download weird stuff then you should change your browsing habits.

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I agree with that.
If still you think that you may have a problem then you can add Shadow Defender or Sandboxie to your security set up and then i think you are good to go.
p.s: If you are testing malware you should do it in a VM.
If you visit suspicious sites or download weird stuff then you should change your browsing habits.
neither of these happening to me, i'm just paranoid :D

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Avast premier HMPA ZAM
If i refuse to drop KIS for Emsisoft, you think I would drop it for Avast?..
This thread is not about "write down your favorite security suite", and certainly not about what to replace KIS with, it's about the need to add any additional app to the current combination.

Reactions: Solarlynx

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Well, paranoid :D I am "only" Semi-Paranoid BC. You sound like you may want use zemana excellent anti-keylogger option what is good. But overall i should stay KIS (Tweaked)+VS and as a paranoid i think if you want good anti-keylogger zemana is good for that, but so are HMPa. So, there are many good combinations with KIS (what itself does enough good job.). Just don't put overkill combination what could conflict each other. Actually i like tonibalas suggestion kick it in SD or Sbie. I am "only" Semi-Paranoid BC and use those for good. Well, there are so many guru's said their opinion (they know something i guess :whistle: )
So i just say stay safe!

- BC

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I would continue to use Kaspersky Internet Security, VoodooShield and HitmanPro.Alert, and add Emsisosft Emergency Scanner as on-demand.

If you have a licensed version of HitmanPro.Alert, it's Scanner is included for removal, no extra charge.

You can share your Security Set-up here: Security Configuration Wizard
thanks that's what i will do, i have premium version of all the software listed.

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Well, paranoid :D I am "only" Semi-Paranoid BC. You sound like you may want use zemana excellent anti-keylogger option what is good. But overall i should stay KIS (Tweaked)+VS and as a paranoid i think if you want good anti-keylogger zemana is good for that, but so are HMPa. So, there are many good combinations with KIS (what itself does enough good job.). Just don't put overkill combination what could conflict each other. Actually i like tonibalas suggestion kick it in SD or Sbie. I am "only" Semi-Paranoid BC and use those for good. Well, there are so many guru's said their opinion (they know something i guess :whistle: )
So i just say stay safe!

- BC
i have anti-keylogger covered by HMPA, Zemana was solely for Real time protection but turns out Kaspersky is already taking care of that part too.

Reactions: BugCode

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Looking lightweight and small hips .-), an independent not anti-exe. Yet freeware or lifetime license no comodo something small unassuming.Rehips also does not look bad either AppLocker but I wanted to just hips.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
If I had to choose between the first two options, I would choose the first one (KIS + VS + HMP.A + ZAM).

But I don't think that the combo is ideal. If you really want something to complement KIS, then I recommend only HMP.A due to its advanced anti-exploit and other features. So, it would be KIS + HMP.A. :)

If you want a "lockdown" setup without adding anything, you may enable Kaspersky's Trusted Applications mode. :)

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
If I had to choose between the first two options, I would choose the first one (KIS + VS + HMP.A + ZAM).

But I don't think that the combo is ideal. If you really want something to complement KIS, then I recommend only HMP.A due to its advanced anti-exploit and other features. So, it would be KIS + HMP.A. :)

If you want a "lockdown" setup without adding anything, you may enable Kaspersky's Trusted Applications mode. :)
I have Kaspersky tweaked with the Trusted Application mode on already.

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.