Comodo 8.2.0.4508 - Antiexecutable\Default-Deny Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Hello All,

This is just a heads-up regarding a vulnerability with Comodo 8.2.0.4508 and the antiexecutable (AE)\default-deny (DD) configuration.

Currently, some installers - standard, portable, archived self-extracting, etc - can by-pass the AE\DD configuration.

I have an active Bug Report reported on the Comodo forum that fully documents the various issues.

https://forums.comodo.com/bug-repor...ings-rules-t110645.0.html;msg804007#msg804007

We'll have to wait and see what happens.

In the meantime, I suggest anyone using the Comodo AE\DD configuration to supplement it with VooDooShield, NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro or AppGuard.

VooDooShield has a freeware option with settings optimized for most users and NVT ERP betas are freeware as well. Both can be downloaded from the respective vendor threads at Wilders Security: www.wilderssecurity.com .

If you have never used antiexecutable before, then VooDooShield free will probably be a good start. NVT ERP also has training mode and can be learned with just a bit of time and effort. AppGuard is paid and can require extensive configuration to get some apps to work correctly in "Lock-Down" mode.

VDS, NVT ERP and AG are super-light on system resources... I'm a huge fan of AE\DD and think everyone should use one.

Best Regards,

HJLBX

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.