Battle Comodo AEP vs Sophos EPP with Intercept X

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

I don't have experience with either product personally, but from what I have read on various sites, a lot of IT pros seem to like Sophos with Intercept X. From what I understand the enterprise version of intercept X not only includes Hitman Pro Alert tech, but a lot of tech that was created in-house at Sophos. The one constant negative I have read about Sophos enterprise products however, is the price. I am not sure how it works in the IT end of things, but I would suggest seeing if you can obtain a demo/trial of each product to see for yourself. There are quite a few very knowledgeable people who work in the IT field that participate on this forum and can give you far more info than I can. @ForgottenSeer 58943 is one of them, so hopefully he will respond with his experience.

I guess another question that might be asked, how many computers are you looking to protect, which may also include mobile devices?

mellowtones242

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 11, 2018
I don't have experience with either product personally, but from what I have read on various sites, a lot of IT pros seem to like Sophos with Intercept X. From what I understand the enterprise version of intercept X not only includes Hitman Pro Alert tech, but a lot of tech that was created in-house at Sophos. The one constant negative I have read about Sophos enterprise products however, is the price. I am not sure how it works in the IT end of things, but I would suggest seeing if you can obtain a demo/trial of each product to see for yourself. There are quite a few very knowledgeable people who work in the IT field that participate on this forum and can give you far more info than I can. @ForgottenSeer 58943 is one of them, so hopefully he will respond with his experience.

I guess another question that might be asked, how many computers are you looking to protect, which may also include mobile devices?

Thanks for your responds, I was a Sophos/Bitdefender guy but starting to like Comodo AEP solution more as of late. I've been looking for feedback from others in the IT world when it comes to these two and I haven't had much luck. I'm hoping to get some good feedback from the malware tips community.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

What does interceptX have that SHP doesn’t ? SHP is marketed in a way that it looks like it contains intercept X
Sophos Home Premium does not have intercept X. It has features that are similar to intercept X but does not use the same items, coding and format as intercept X does. This is something that is being worked on though to be hopefully released in a future update.

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
What does interceptX have that SHP doesn’t ? SHP is marketed in a way that it looks like it contains intercept X
I agree that Sophos is using questionable marketing of its SHP product by emphasizing InterceptX technology, showing its unique logo and stating that SHP has "Business-Grade Security - For the first time, many of the same real-time protection technologies available in Intercept X, our market-leading endpoint protection product for business users, are now available in Sophos Home. Now you have the same level of protection trusted by leading banks, governments, and businesses worldwide." So while they claim it provides the same level of protection as their enterprise product they say that it has many (but not all) of its technologies.

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
I agree that Sophos is using questionable marketing of its SHP product by emphasizing InterceptX technology, showing its unique logo and stating that SHP has "Business-Grade Security - For the first time, many of the same real-time protection technologies available in Intercept X, our market-leading endpoint protection product for business users, are now available in Sophos Home. Now you have the same level of protection trusted by leading banks, governments, and businesses worldwide." So while they claim it provides the same level of protection as their enterprise product they say that it has many (but not all) of its technologies.

I have to say I feel I’ve been cheated, interceptX was *the* reason I wanted Sophos, after receiving feedback from an enterprise user - tbh I was under the impression the two were 100% on par

Reactions: Handsome Recluse
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Sophos Home Premium is still a bit of a bugfest and drag on systems (depending).

It's certainly not without it's problems and development is GLACIALLY slow which is infuriating.

SHP isn't InterceptX, unfortunately.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.