Advice Request Comodo and Teredo

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Antimalware18

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Hello all,

I do quite a bit of gaming on my pc here. as such to be able to use the Xbox app party feature Teredo must be running and connected to be able to use this feature.
for some reason anytime I have Comodo installed Teredo is "unable to qualify" no matter how many settings I play with (without weakening security to much) even if I change teredo servers to enterprise (a small work around for if its unable to connect) but if I uninstall Comodo Teredo is able to connect and everything runs fine.

I've scoured the internet for issues regarding these two and i've been unable to find anything. or if there is im unable to understand it (networking is not my strong suite) so im hoping for some assistance on how to get these two working together correctly as comodo is the best free firewall out there IMO

Thanks

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Hello all,

I do quite a bit of gaming on my pc here. as such to be able to use the Xbox app party feature Teredo must be running and connected to be able to use this feature.
for some reason anytime I have Comodo installed Teredo is "unable to qualify" no matter how many settings I play with (without weakening security to much) even if I change teredo servers to enterprise (a small work around for if its unable to connect) but if I uninstall Comodo Teredo is able to connect and everything runs fine.

I've scoured the internet for issues regarding these two and i've been unable to find anything. or if there is im unable to understand it (networking is not my strong suite) so im hoping for some assistance on how to get these two working together correctly as comodo is the best free firewall out there IMO

Thanks
It might be worth setting Stealth Ports as "alert incoming" otherwise. If Teredo has it's own network interface, you may need to add the firewall driver manually though it should do that automatically if Teredo is installed first. I think there was a similar issue with some TAP adapters awhile back (thread)

1634061719426.png

1634061742500.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.