Advice Request Comodo Antivirus Info

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020
Are them using just the cloud antivirus in the free version? Or is still present the local?

Cattura.PNG

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
You should only use their firewall as their antivirus does not add anything better, infact without the containment and viruscope, both of which the firewall version has, it would be useless,I would avoid it (I noticed you have Avast, if youre going to keep using it go into its privacy settings and uncheck all boxes)

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020
You should only use their firewall as their antivirus does not add anything better, infact without the containment and viruscope, both of which the firewall version has, it would be useless,I would avoid it (I noticed you have Avast, if youre going to keep using it go into its privacy settings and uncheck all boxes)
K thk u, i alrdy made those tips. I am just curious if them improved their antivirus with a full cloud solution or not, cause looking in their website confused me about that. My opinion if this new comodo is some sort of new comodo cloud av, can be certain a good solution.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
I see that you are looking for complex and strange protections, while you are playing games. I see you have Avast. With syshardener or H C and with the right settings it is very safe and very light for gaming. And you have not double and triple combo train. Τhat creates incompatibilities and problems in your system and your games.

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020
I see that you are looking for complex and strange protections, while you are playing games. I see you have Avast. With syshardener or H C and with the right settings it is very safe and very light for gaming. And you have not double and triple combo train. Τhat creates incompatibilities and problems in your system and your games.
If will notice any slowdown, will take action. But atm all run smooth.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Comodo firewall, properly set up, doesn't need an antivirus - if they finally got one released that doesn't turn your computer into a doorstop. Their antivirus is a waste of the RAM it takes to run it.

I wish they'd continued working on Comodo Cloud AV. It showed promise of being a great piece of software. But, typical Comodo, they dumped it. Someone in that company suffers from attention deficit disorder.

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020
Comodo firewall, properly set up, doesn't need an antivirus - if they finally got one released that doesn't turn your computer into a doorstop. Their antivirus is a waste of the RAM it takes to run it.

I wish they'd continued working on Comodo Cloud AV. It showed promise of being a great piece of software. But, typical Comodo, they dumped it. Someone in that company suffers from attention deficit disorder.
Comodo cloud av was a rly nice product, with some good ideas. The only thing i would replace is valkyrie with cloud look up. With some fix, i consider ccav better then CIS (web protection and antivirus module are not so much good so better looking in other places for those modules).

Last edited:

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
I ran CCAV for several months, and I liked it better than the firewall. It worked; it wasn't heavy on the system; and it was just nice. Then, like everything Comodo gets close to doing right, after a while it was gone.
firewall wasn't heavy when I used it on a very low end system.
But now I can only see CIS in comodo website.
Is the firewall been abandoned?

If will notice any slowdown, will take action. But atm all run smooth.
Even though it runs smoothly please don't use multi suites for protection.
Choose H_C or comodo firewall to avoid management issues .

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
firewall wasn't heavy when I used it on a very low end system.
But now I can only see CIS in comodo website.
Is the firewall been abandoned?
No.. just visit their forums..you can download the latest products...they keep the website not so updated at times.

Reactions: [correlate]

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Download the 5 mb file under the name firewall... don't worry even the firewall goes by the name "cis"..upon installation you will only get the firewall part ..

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Download the 5 mb file under the name firewall... don't worry even the firewall goes by the name "cis"..upon installation you will only get the firewall part ..
I did it it show acts exactly like CIS for example it auto deleted my files rather blocking.
Was a little heavier than the old "Firewall".
And many other small CIS related issues.

Reactions: [correlate]

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
I did it it show acts exactly like CIS for example it auto deleted my files rather blocking.
Was a little heavier than the old "Firewall".
And many other small CIS related issues.
Yes it's exactly looks like CIS, the only thing missing will be the antivirus module, everything else is same. The new version is having lots of bugs, that's why I stopped using it. It's plagued by intermittent crashes. The last known stable version was 6882. That's not available for download.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Yes it's exactly looks like CIS, the only thing missing will be the antivirus module, everything else is same. The new version is having lots of bugs, that's why I stopped using it. It's plagued by intermittent crashes. The last known stable version was 6882. That's not available for download.
Anyways I don't really use comodo anymore.
So I don't care about that buggy product.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018

You can still get 6882 either online or offline installation. You will have to uncheck antivirus to get just the firewall.

CIS 12.0.0.6882 Offline

CIS 12.0.0.6882 Online

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.