Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello Everyone,

We have just release CCE 1.8 BETA.

What's new in CCE 1.8.207117.137?
NEW: New KillSwitch 2.0
NEW: Aggressive mode in KillSwitch and CCE (start with SHIFT key pressed to evade ome of the processes that terminate security software)
IMPROVED: More powerful disk access methods when scaning for malware
IMPROVED: Quick repair in KillSwitch for all users
IMRPOVED: More powerful system settings scanner including DNS, winsock, Proxy, etc
IMPROVED: MBR scanner for multi-OS system
IMPROVED! New CAV with smaller AV base

Link ( Requires sign in )

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
In the past, someone has inevitably posted a reply in the thread that has the direct link to the download. Please do not do this, as I will just have to remove it...

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Don't worry, the link I posted is only direct in the specified forum and not the download link.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Yes I know. :)

In the past though, people have been trying to be helpful and just post the direct download link as a reply to the initial post. The registration is there for a reason.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
I like the new Kill switch. Very nice UI and some cool little fixes. Why did they move away from Process Hacker?

Morphius

Level 1
Sep 13, 2011
New KillSwitch seems great.
I like Aggressive mode really much, but tested it and randomly picked FakeAV blocked KS and CCE from running even when i held Shift.
Already passed to staff.

Anyway, hello there! :)

D

Deleted member 178

my favorite on-demand apps and process monitor, downloaded

The new Killswitch is great ! replaced Process Hacker !

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
i'll not using CCE again from now. so many False Positive. second problem i get is can't update database, even my internet speed is fast, it still can't.
and i just hope, their will fix comodo server.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
I don't have comodo forum account.
can you post about it on there heffed? that's not just for me, for all users get problem like me.
I just want focus on this forum.
thank you.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
The idea is that if you are still having a problem, you can post the details there and BorderSquirrel will likely offer something else to try. I can't troubleshoot your machine, so my posting for you won't accomplish anything.

Morphius

Level 1
Sep 13, 2011
win7holic said:
I don't have comodo forum account.
can you post about it on there heffed? that's not just for me, for all users get problem like me.
I just want focus on this forum.
thank you.

I think when you'll try new version (stable)you'll love it!
It's great, and i really like when tester in his video use KillSwitch, it clearly shows all processes, even hidden, and highlights this malicious, so even novices can see what is going on in the background.

D

Deleted member 178

HeffeD said:
Yes I know. :)
In the past though, people have been trying to be helpful and just post the direct download link as a reply to the initial post. The registration is there for a reason.

it was me :D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
win7holic said:
but, my problem is can't updating database.
and, i don't likes because many FP.

It updates for me but takes forever. I could already completed a full system scan with MBAM, SuperAntiSpyware and several others before it got finished updating. That is on 10MBs connection. Then the scanning is also very slow and full of false positives.

The new Killswitch looks like a clone of Microsoft Process Explorer.

Thanks.:D

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Littlebits said:
win7holic said:
but, my problem is can't updating database.
and, i don't likes because many FP.

It updates for me but takes forever. I could already completed a full system scan with MBAM, SuperAntiSpyware and several others before it got finished updating. That is on 10MBs connection. Then the scanning is also very slow and full of false positives.

yep, i agree with you. many FP, slow for scanning and slow for installation update.

D

Deleted member 178

Littlebits said:

it uses Comodo AV virus DB + CAMAS (cloud) so the big database update is on the first run only, after it updating like any other AV. For the scan, since it use cloud in addition of signature, of course it is longer. but CCE is intended to be use in INFECTED system.

but better, it is a improved legit version of Process Hacker (authors of PH were not so happy to see it :D ) , now the v2 start to split from PH.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
cce will be integrated since members requested that. CCE will improve CIS cleaning capabilities. This might bring CIS some more certificates. reason nr1 that didn't get any is because if it's bad cleaning capabilities.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
CCE is intended to be use in INFECTED system.

Many infected systems have the internet connection corrupted by malware, so CCE would be useless on those systems because it couldn't update database.

but better, it is a improved legit version of Process Hacker (authors of PH were not so happy to see it

It was because Comodo violated the open-source license agreement.
According to the license of Process Hacker's source code, Comodo was required to release their source code for Killswitch, but they refused to do so. I guess they didn't want to share their work with other developers. The developers of Process Hacker and Microsoft Process Explorer took legal actions to force Comodo to comply to the agreement.

Now Comodo claims that they wrote their own code for Killswitch over-night, kind of suspicious if you ask me. I suspect they are still using parts of Process Hacker's code. It takes a lot of time to write a new code for a program from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.