Comodo Cloud Antivirus Beta3 Version 1.0.376043.87

Status
Not open for further replies.

davetenay

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2015
Yeah, looks like for some mysterious reasons speaking of CIS 9 is a taboo nowadays on Comodo forum. All the attention is focused on this CCAV which btw is slow like a snail.

D

Deleted member 2913

Hi all.

As usual, I just get banned from comodo forum for talking about cis9 and showing everyone how some moderators behave on that forum.. What a crap behavior... Now im at support chat from comodo geekbuddy support and the buddies are ending the chat session.. What a waste of time..
Yesterday I saw your thread on CIS 9 Beta & Mods.
I typed +1 Both for CIS 9 Beta & Mods. And I typed about CIS 9 Beta & was typing about Mods & my net link went down. Waited for half an hour but net was still down so couldn't post my reply.

Couple Mods on Comodo forums act like they are the owner of Comodo forums. This & other issues like no timely info, releases, etc... are the reasons nowadays Comodo forums kinda feel dead i.e not much activity there like it used to be before.

UPDATE - I have posted an appeal in Comodo forums here -
An Appeal to Comodo Admin or Higher Authority or Melih - Please Tell Us Your Views and Vote Here!

Hope its not deleted by the Mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Crystal_Lake_Camper

nikos200

Level 3
Verified
Nov 18, 2015
Hi all.

As usual, I just get banned from comodo forum for talking about cis9 and showing everyone how some moderators behave on that forum.. What a crap behavior... Now im at support chat from comodo geekbuddy support and the buddies are ending the chat session.. What a waste of time..
i saw it yasterday too..im with you!!!!all people know more for cis9 beta ecxept peolple in comodo forum!L O L!!!!!!

Reactions: Crystal_Lake_Camper
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

And i Thought That avast fanboys over at their forums were agressive. After Reading this it totally changed my point of view! Realy , realy sad to see! One should appreciate Each and every comment , wheater they are positive or negative.

Reactions: nikos200
D

Deleted member 2913

dont know how to do it on this forum.. lets not talk about it any more... please, some mod, split it in a new topic about this or delet these posts.
If possible split the posts in a new thread.

No further post on this here from me.

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Plans changed again and they will push the stable at the beginning of January. Makes sense with so many stuff missing and issues with the application.
Comodo seems to be one of the worse with bugs. They do 0 effort to find the issue if the bug report doesn't give the exact way to reproduce.

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Any of you guys using it on win10 64bit by any chance?

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @all

Here is a new info from BuketB

Hello Everybody !

I would like to inform you that our first major release date is planned for 12th of January for CCAV. Before this date, we are waiting for your wish / bug reports ; we're closely tracking them to provide you the best product !

Kind Regards
Buket

With best Regards
Mops21

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I made all bug reports and those that they didn't reproduce on first try they ignored. I msged the guy that was trying to track the bugs with new info and he ignored me. He didn't reply for weeks now. They are getting no help for me again. I gave up on them. There are other options with people that actually care about users.

D

Deleted member 2913

CCAV has application categories. With the help of " Application Categories " trust/untrust option ; you are able to trust /untrust all files belong to related category easily. If you select trusted for the categories, applications in the categories will run out of sandbox; if you select untrusted for the categories, applications in the categories will run in Sandbox !
Categories are like game, pc utility, programming tools, social network, etc...

I have posted the below in Comodo forum-

"Would it be good if there is an "Application Installed" category i.e all installed applications are shown with options like Allow, Block & Ask. Allow will allow updates/upgrades of the selected apps, Ask will ask for the changes/modification & Block will block?"

Do you guys think it would be good?

H

hjlbx

CCAV has application categories. With the help of " Application Categories " trust/untrust option ; you are able to trust /untrust all files belong to related category easily. If you select trusted for the categories, applications in the categories will run out of sandbox; if you select untrusted for the categories, applications in the categories will run in Sandbox !
Categories are like game, pc utility, programming tools, social network, etc...

I have posted the below in Comodo forum-

"Would it be good if there is an "Application Installed" category i.e all installed applications are shown with options like Allow, Block & Ask. Allow will allow updates/upgrades of the selected apps, Ask will ask for the changes/modification & Block will block?"

Do you guys think it would be good?

@yesnoo that will be good.

COMODO should implement same concept in CIS - for when files change via updates (like Emsisoft BB alerts when app is modified via update).

Anyhow, it will be interesting...

D

Deleted member 2913

@yesnoo that will be good.

COMODO should implement same concept in CIS - for when files change via updates (like Emsisoft BB alerts when app is modified via update).

Anyhow, it will be interesting...
Comodo is quite weird at things nowadays.
CCAV has Valkyrie. And user asked about Valkyrie in CIS & Devs replied they are deciding to add Valkyrie in CIS or not. I mean a technology thats good & has the potential to improve AV side detection/protection & take Comodo AV detection/protection to high level & they are deciding to add it or not??

H

hjlbx

Comodo is quite weird at things nowadays.
CCAV has Valkyrie. And user asked about Valkyrie in CIS & Devs replied they are deciding to add Valkyrie in CIS or not. I mean a technology thats good & has the potential to improve AV side detection/protection & take Comodo AV detection/protection to high level & they are deciding to add it or not??

I suspect it might have to do with server capacity and\or server connections. Maybe CCAV and CIS on same server(s) might cause issues... or they don't want to swamp server... or they want to keep CCAV and CIS separate or just link Valkyrie to only program for the time being.

I would bet it has something to do with that sort of thing = practical considerations.

They are always completely silent as to why they do things and this leads to nothing but needless, uninformed speculation that turns into bashing and FUD.

That's just how it goes...

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @all

Here are new infos for the Final Release of Comodo Cloud AV Scanner from BuketB

Hey Guys,

Thank you very much for your feedbacks. We are doing our best to keep and improve the quality of the CCAV on highest level, we are working on bugs and improvements. Btw, our release date for now is planned for 18th of Jan, we will need 5 more days to provide you the best product , the one that will fulfill your needs! Keep waiting pls.

For your attention,

Kind Regards
Buket

Hi Guys

There will be the first final/major release on 19th of Jan. Thank you all very much for all of the bug and wish reports with the previous beta releases, that we are going to include most of them inside this first final built. Please note that there will be another release after this first final release which will include new functionalities as well.

The scope of this first final release will include a number of bug fixes, adding exclusions in AV settings, purge button and the option to remove Upgrade button. In addition to these ; there will be new language supports, Valkyrie system will be stable, and we will include some user interface improvements as well.

So keep waiting for it , CCAV first major release is coming

Kind Regards
Buket

With best Regards
Mops21

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.