With best Regards
Mops21

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
does any one tried it against some malwares? is there any video review showing ccav test?
It's still in beta, please standby for a stable release. If there are common bugs or known issues, then testing beta security software against malware is flawed.

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
Release of the first version was postponed to January 26 :-(.But we somehow expected.
yes, i was entering to check the new release date not the new version :D

"Hi Guys,

We need more time to provide you the best solution!

Please keep waiting for it, our teams are working on the major version still, today we will not be able to make a release, we need 1 more week.

For now our release date is planned for 26th of January, I will update you guys once we are ok to go.

Thank you very much for your kind attention and understanding!

Kind Regards
Buket"

Source:
Login

Reactions: Pat MacKnife
D

Deleted member 2913

yes, i was entering to check the new release date not the new version :D

"Hi Guys,

We need more time to provide you the best solution!

Please keep waiting for it, our teams are working on the major version still, today we will not be able to make a release, we need 1 more week.

For now our release date is planned for 26th of January, I will update you guys once we are ok to go.

Thank you very much for your kind attention and understanding!

Kind Regards
Buket"

Source:
Login
Yea...Comodo did it again "Release date for the release postpone announcement date":eek::D

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Looks quite good but cloud or not Comodo's detection has never been that good :(

Reactions: CySecy825

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Of course January 26 passed and no CCAV yet :D Typical of Comodo. This time they even didn't set a new date.
That is why I am not using Comodo anymore I don't like the Company. Even if I submit files I don't even know if they add them to the database or not

Reactions: JakeXPMan

davetenay

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2015
That is why I am not using Comodo anymore I don't like the Company. Even if I submit files I don't even know if they add them to the database or not

Me too. They are just not reliable. Also I don't like the hype with which everytime they launch a new program that after a while gets dismissed. Their forum is full of abandonware: CTM, CPM, CCE and so on :rolleyes:

Reactions: Andrew999
D

Deleted member 178

Comodo's development policy is the worst one in the market; they want to create a jungle of softwares while none of them have their bugs and flaws fixed.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
H

hjlbx

and now we have Melih doing his thing by buyng sometime for ccav to be released anytime soon (maybe in a few more years)?

@Yro - I give up on COMODO for now. I created a CIS config that took me a few months - only to lose it to the long-standing bug where rules simply vanish.

CCAV - I have little hope for it to be hassle-free; the Safe List still lacks a huge number of files that should be included. So users will complain that CCAV is attempting to block a lot of files.

Early CCAV didn't work right.

What do you expect the outcome to be ?

COMODO is synonymous with disappointment. It has a bad reputation and would have to improve a huge amount for it to be better received by users.

I am fairly forgiving and tolerant of problems, since soft development is no easy task. However, it's difficult not to abandon a security soft that has a terribly bad bug like CIS.

I won't even bother with CCAV - at least not for a long while.

D

Deleted member 2913

and now we have Melih doing his thing by buyng sometime for ccav to be released anytime soon (maybe in a few more years)?
Yeah, Melih is doing his thing to take away the users attention from CCAV delays, etc...
I replied few posts there but Melih is going in a circle repeating the same things.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym
D

Deleted member 2913

@Yro

COMODO is synonymous with disappointment. It has a bad reputation and would have to improve a huge amount for it to be better received by users.

I won't even bother with CCAV - at least not for a long while.
Exactly.
And to me they do lot of false talks...false info without any real ground work, etc...

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Affected by the rules disappearing and like all ignoring the mtu set but that is irrelevant. If you go in the bug forums you will see that stuff don't get fixed and reports are getting ignored for ever.
Cis is good when it works but no program is worth the time wasted and trial and error to figure it out especially when we have so many options out there to select from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.