Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Source: Comodo Forum

Comodo Dragon 22.0 is now available for download from the following link:
http://download.comodo.com/dragon/DragonSetup.exe

IMPROVED:
- Dragon is based on Chromium 22.0.1229.91.

FIXED:
- Flash player was not being installed with Dragon.

Capture.png

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
you know I not really tryed out Comodo Dragon for a long time ,
maby its time to go back to the Dragon,
Thanks NSG001

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
arsenaloyal said:
updated, dragon is the best chromium based browser for windows.

Could you please explain what makes it any better than Google Chrome in details?

Thanks.:D

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Littlebits said:
arsenaloyal said:

Could you please explain what makes it any better than Google Chrome in details?

For The Difference Check this Out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comodo_Dragon_(web_browser)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
loveboy_lion said:
Littlebits said:
arsenaloyal said:

For The Difference Check this Out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comodo_Dragon_(web_browser)

Sorry guys this info is out-dated.

RZL identifier, ClientID and Timestamp was removed over 4 years ago.
The other listed can be changed in the Chrome settings.

The built-in PDF and Flash are sandboxed in Google Chrome, not in Comodo Dragon. Google Chrome is more secure opening PDF and Flash.

Google Chrome also has Google Safe Browsing and Google Online Documents where you can open files without having to download them to your system, which Comodo Dragon lacks.

So the only real different between Google Chrome and Comodo Dragon is the GUI, missing important Google features and Comodo DNS?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No offense, but like Apple Inc., Comodo Dragon creates a false sense of security for their users.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
I use Both Dragon and Chrome and to my knowledge i have seen no difference between the two except the GUI , Dragon blocks more sites since its using both comodo DNS and Google but Dragon Does miss some features as littlebits stated above but that isnt a turnoff atleast not for me and personly i prefer dragon mainly because I trust Comodo more than google

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
loveboy_lion said:
I use Both Dragon and Chrome and to my knowledge i have seen no difference between the two except the GUI , Dragon blocks more sites since its using both comodo DNS and Google but Dragon Does miss some features as littlebits stated above but that isnt a turnoff atleast not for me and personly i prefer dragon mainly because I trust Comodo more than google

You are actually trusting both if you use Comodo Dragon, the source code is written by Google, Comodo just adds their twist to it. But all of the main components are still made by Google.

Google Chrome has the main advantage because it is the first to receive critical patches and updates to make it more secure against vulnerabilities.

Comodo has to wait for Google to release the code with updates and patches before they get applied to Comodo Dragon. In between there is a waiting period before the code is released and the time it takes Comodo to update it into Dragon. Most everyone knows how slow Comodo development is. Google also releases rapid updates in Google Chrome that are not available in every released source code.

So there is no way Comodo Dragon is more secure than Google Chrome, when it falls behind on applying updates and patches which are developed by Google.

If Comodo wants to make a browser that is more secure than Google Chrome, then they will have to either write their own browser code (not use Chromium or Firefox) or just develop their own browser from scratch.

D

Deleted member 178

Dragon is faster than Chrome on my system (not saying my Imgur issue with it), that all that matters for me, for the rest i rely on my security apps. :D

btw, i keep both of them

DCY012

Jan 19, 2012
Downloaded it to give it a try. Is there a way to stop the tabs from shrinking in size? I've always wondered that about Chrome based browsers but could never find the answer about it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What do you mean shrinking in size? The more tabs you open, they do get smaller so they can fit more on the open window.

Nothing to understand, it's Chrome's design. :)

Edit: See post.

DCY012

Jan 19, 2012
Yeah, I know all that. I just wondered if there was a way to customize the tab size. But I figured not, just wanted to ask anyway to be sure.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
DCY012 said:
Yeah, I know all that. I just wondered if there was a way to customize the tab size. But I figured not, just wanted to ask anyway to be sure.

You might check the Chrome Web Store, you might find something that will work for you.

Good day.:D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Solution found in chrome://flags on Chrome 22 for Windows only.

Enable Stacked Tabs and Restart the browser.

7a60e958004246659f84555.png

http://prntscr.com/grh7u

DCY012 said:
Is there a way to stop the tabs from shrinking in size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.