Status
Not open for further replies.

Amiga500

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Hello.,
Is anybody here using the comodo dragon browser at all.?
Any thoughts on this browser as im using at the minute and its very fast.

Thanks.

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
i am using this regularly as my secondary browser instead of Chrome, and quite satisfied with it....

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I don't like the Facebook integration / button.

Is that changed now or still there, any options to completely remove the function and not just hide the button?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
+1 MrXidus, totally unacceptable for a Privacy browser.

Makes you wonder what else they're hiding from the user.

I

illumination

MrXidus said:
I don't like the Facebook integration / button.

Is that changed now or still there, any options to completely remove the function and not just hide the button?

Yes, you can completely remove this add on from the browser. I do not like it either, and it is the first thing i did when installing dragon on my new machine, was to right click the icon, and remove it completely..

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
My opinion, Comodo Dragon doesn't offer anything you can't already add to Google Chrome with extensions. I never trust clones over the real thing. So far none of the Chromium clones offer anything special they all rely on Google because you have more privacy worries from the rebrand maker.

I'm more concerned with Comodo's privacy policy over Google.

Thanks. :D

Amiga500

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Would you care to elaborate on your privacy concerns please.?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I'm using Comodo Dragon mainly because I have installed with the Comodo DNS. Sometimes I find it useful. ;D
The main benefit for the less experienced users when using this browser instead of Chrome, Firefox or IE, is the fact that unlike the popular browsers, the browser hijackers and adware programs won't target Comodo Dragon.
So even if you by mistake install a toolbar, the extension will install on Chrome, however will not install on Dragon...so that's pretty neat.
Overall, there is no good or less good reason to use Dragon over Chrome or vice versa.... Dragon is just a custom build of Chrome.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Jack said:
I'm using Comodo Dragon mainly because I have installed with the Comodo DNS. Sometimes I find it useful. ;D
The main benefit for the less experienced users when using this browser instead of Chrome, Firefox or IE, is the fact that unlike the popular browsers, the browser hijackers and adware programs won't target Comodo Dragon.
So even if you by mistake install a toolbar, the extension will install on Chrome, however will not install on Dragon...so that's pretty neat.
Overall, there is no good or less good reason to use Dragon over Chrome or vice versa.... Dragon is just a custom build of Chrome.

Comodo DNS can be added to your router or Windows and used for all of your connections, even if you choose Comodo Dragon as your default browser many other software will still use IE for web connections, if you want to secure your whole system it would be better to just add Comodo DNS to your router . Jack I don't know if you know or not but all extensions added by third-party adware is automatically disabled on Google Chrome by default, the user has to manually enable third-party extensions, new extensions will flash on the settings menu in yellow color. Google made the change awhile back. Google Chrome will also warn the user about suspicious extensions when they try to enable them.

Posted by Amiga500 - Today 11:56 AM

You will need to read the privacy policy in detail of each clone version of Chrome and decide for yourself if you trust what they will collect from you and how they will use the info collected. To myself Comodo's privacy policy is written so loosely they could legally get away with collecting what they want to and sharing it with whoever they choose.

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Have you guys any solution to Google Chrome printing in pdf? I can print via the interface yes but I cant seem to edit what I print from Google Chrome..in Dragon I can edit it. Any ideas?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
jasonX said:
Have you guys any solution to Google Chrome printing in pdf? I can print via the interface yes but I cant seem to edit what I print from Google Chrome..in Dragon I can edit it. Any ideas?

In Google Chrome, pdf files open in Google Documents online without saving files to your hard drive (security feature), you must be signed on to your Google account to edit.

You may need to go to Google Chrome advanced settings under "Google Cloud Print" and add your printers. Requires you to log on your Google account.

If you rather use your installed PDF reader and can install the extension to support it but that will make opening pdf documents less secure from malicious codes.

I

illumination

Littlebits said:
Jack said:

Comodo DNS can be added to your router or Windows and used for all of your connections, even if you choose Comodo Dragon as your default browser many other software will still use IE for web connections, if you want to secure your whole system it would be better to just add Comodo DNS to your router . Jack I don't know if you know or not but all extensions added by third-party adware is automatically disabled on Google Chrome by default, the user has to manually enable third-party extensions, new extensions will flash on the settings menu in yellow color. Google made the change awhile back. Google Chrome will also warn the user about suspicious extensions when they try to enable them.

Posted by Amiga500 - Today 11:56 AM

You will need to read the privacy policy in detail of each clone version of Chrome and decide for yourself if you trust what they will collect from you and how they will use the info collected. To myself Comodo's privacy policy is written so loosely they could legally get away with collecting what they want to and sharing it with whoever they choose.

My thoughts on this are just this, how are we to know exactly what is or is not being collected on us to begin with.. Just because they have a policy listing they will not do it, does this mean i can fully trust that they are not doing it, not that any organization has ever said it was not collecting anything, and then done so all hush,hush like.. ;)

It is really hard to know who to trust "company" wise, from large corporations to independently owned companies..

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Don't trust clones, usually get days old updates, and, what does Comodo know about browsers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.