Comodo Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Bone

May 28, 2011
Well, I downloaded Dragon from Comodo's site, and I got version 15..........But it had no flash?? I went to you tube, and it said I needed to install a plug-in, so I clicked install and nothing. Checked about:plug-ins, and there was no flash. Checked options, and "Use all plug-ins" (or whatever it's called) was checked by default. Did I have to download Flash for non-IE, then install the plug-in?

What happened?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
it is what i always did even before using Dragon, i downloaded v11of flash for Nightly

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
D Bone said:
Well, I downloaded Dragon from Comodo's site, and I got version 15..........But it had no flash?? I went to you tube, and it said I needed to install a plug-in, so I clicked install and nothing. Checked about:plug-ins, and there was no flash. Checked options, and "Use all plug-ins" (or whatever it's called) was checked by default. Did I have to download Flash for non-IE, then install the plug-in?

What happened?

Dragon is based on Chromium, not Chrome. Chromium does not come bundled with Flash or PDF readers, so neither does Dragon.

D Bone

May 28, 2011
HeffeD said:
D Bone said:

What happened?

Dragon is based on Chromium, not Chrome. Chromium does not come bundled with Flash or PDF readers, so neither does Dragon.

Thanks, I found that out the hard way. This might help another user though.

class1c

Nov 3, 2011
Hello guys, I'm having a problem, I wonder if someone can help me. Right now I'm using Comodo Dragon. I went to options and marked the "Enable Malware domain Filter (Comodo DNS)", and it blocks my browser connections, and I don't know why!

Can someone help me?

Thanks.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
class1c said:
Hello guys, I'm having a problem, I wonder if someone can help me. Right now I'm using Comodo Dragon. I went to options and marked the "Enable Malware domain Filter (Comodo DNS)", and it blocks my browser connections, and I don't know why!

Can someone help me?

Thanks.

It blocks you whenever you are trying load any site or just a specific site?What exactly are you seeing : a blank page , an alert from COMODO,connection timed out or ..?
Does this happen also in the other browsers?
Did this problem started immediately after you've enabled Enable Malware domain Filter (Comodo DNS)?If this option is unchecked , everything is working fine?

class1c

Nov 3, 2011
Hi Jack, well now I came home and test it again and it works. Last night I enable COMODO DNS in browser and when I tried to acess some website it would block it, then when I disable it, it worked. (strange)

Today it works fine, don't know why. (I have Dragon DNS enable, and in Windows TCP/IP4v4)

Thank you Jack.

I

illumination

Thread author
class1c said:
Hi Jack, well now I came home and test it again and it works. Last night I enable COMODO DNS in browser and when I tried to acess some website it would block it, then when I disable it, it worked. (strange)

Today it works fine, don't know why. (I have Dragon DNS enable, and in Windows TCP/IP4v4)

Thank you Jack.

I had the same problem a couple days ago, when opening the browser, it would not connect to the server, after going into the internet protocol properties, and changing it from "use the following DNS, to obtain DNS server automatically, the problem ceased.. I then waited a bit, and added Comodo's DNS back in and all was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.