Comodo Essential Care (aka Comodo Complete care)

Should COMODO make a complete suit with an option where you can choose what to install?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
RE: Comodo Complete Care

Jack said:
Wont integrating so many products into a single one increase the RAM Usage? And is this really need as most programs like the Uninstaller or System Cleaner are rarely used.......And lets no forget that the COMODO users are't beginers so they most likely know about this products.....and can separately easily download/install them.

@Valentin N > You can use http://imgur.com/ to upload pictures.

If they aren't in use I don't think so. I would say that 50MB would be used as max. Needed and needed. I though it would be nice since comodo has program and most of them are stable. Since I use most of their program I wouldn't mind if I could only download one installer and select (in the installing sector there will be option where the user will choose what he want to install by answering a few question in advanced mode.) what program I want to install if not all.

Norton for instance could do as comodo does to sell everything as a single product (which they do to some part)

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011

I can see this making more sense if it would be called Comodo Download Manager and market it as a convenient downloader for whatever Comodo products you want to install.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011

Tom172 said:
I can see this making more sense if it would be called Comodo Download Manager and market it as a convenient downloader for whatever Comodo products you want to install.

Comodocomplete care (I will rename it to comodo essential care ) is not suppose to be a downloader. It is meant to be a product for itself that has all comodo products (which in the background are standalone) within one common GUI. My fiance has made a new version of it so you see how it should look like (only apart of it but the user should be able to do almost everything through there; where you see ^ there options and settings will come in play)

here is the imagine to the closer GUI that I am think of. Sorry for my handwriting; I had to write on little space. Now you know how I write :D :)

5K08i.jpg

The green part shows that all system are active and run. The green color will change Yellow (if a scanning needs to be done, if a backup needs be done), red(if something doesn't work) and blue (game mode) This is 50% of the GUI

I hope you like it

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Nah, I love your sketch Valentine.
Looks difference with other product with Box and tick box :p
I likes alot your idea.

would be like this on real software? or still developing about the GUI?

KEEP IT UP valentine.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
win7holic said:
Nah, I love your sketch Valentine.
Looks difference with other product with Box and tick box :p
I likes alot your idea.

would be like this on real software? or still developing about the GUI?

KEEP IT UP valentine.

Thanks for you positive reply. Melih himself likes it :)

I hope it will one day be a program.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
win7holic said:
my own idea and my first design, but Valentin don't want it.
SGVTT.png

I never said that I don't want it but it's not even close to the original sketch and asked for a digital version of my sketch. As I have said before I really appreciate what you're doing :)

The last one that you made begins to get close to the original sketch.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
As I have said before I really appreciate what you're doing :)

Valen thanks:)
the last one? almost same? I sent you in a few minutes ago?

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
win7holic said:
As I have said before I really appreciate what you're doing :)

Valen thanks:)
the last one? almost same? I sent you in a few minutes ago?

The same I wouldn't say but it's getting closer. You have chosen a oval design but it's not oval, it's rectangle. The background color is read. Look at the sketch :)

I appreciate all the contributions that is done here :)

I am currently working on the next 50% of the GUI, the lower part. I will try to get that 50% in the A4-paper where the current sketch is.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
Maintencance, Restore, BackUp & protection will change name to Essential Care, OS Care, PC care or just Care if anyone has a better name feel free to tell but essential care is a good name and describes best that function the of its purpose; backup and clean the pc is essential care

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
Here is the other 50%. I might add something more but it will have gray background. and it won't be changed.

ZzkVy.jpg

I will make a fusion of first and this pic (Don't forget that Maintenace, Restore .. has changed name to essential care)

I hope you like it.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Our members were greatly done on doing illustration that literally real :). Definitely a useful tool to combined free products without any hassle.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
A good idea but I'm not a big fan of All-in-one suites. I'd rather get the programs that I need individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.