App Review Comodo Firewall- Cruelsister Variation

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Sorry for confusion I meant CruelComodo, so CF + CS Settings
CruelComodo doesn't have antivirus. It is recommended to use an antivirus, such as Windows Defender or whatever you prefer.
Also, CruelComodo is not super-strong on vulnerable process protection; in that way, it is similar to Comodo Cloud.
Nevertheless, as @bribon77 said, CruelComodo on its own is strong. It is unlikely that you will get infected.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Like Emsisoft too?
I don't know if Emsisoft works well with Comodo Firewall. Maybe someone else can answer that question.
Generally speaking, it is not recommended to use a full Antivirus suite with Comodo Firewall.
People often use Windows Defender, Avast free, Kaspersky free...

camo7782

Level 4
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
I don't know if Emsisoft works well with Comodo Firewall. Maybe someone else can answer that question.
Generally speaking, it is not recommended to use a full Antivirus suite with Comodo Firewall.
People often use Windows Defender, Avast free, Kaspersky free...
Emsisoft should not have a firewall from what I read on the forum.

Reactions: show-Zi and shmu26

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
I have update before couple of days Windows 10 to new version 1903 and Comodo Firewall don't like it or not ready.
Lots of crush, say "Comodo Agent don't work"

Any of you have similar problem or maybe solutions?

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Upgraded yesterday to 1903. No issues with Comodo Firewall at CS settings.
What version of Comodo have you got? Mine is 12.0.0.6818

Same version...

Can you check your Reliability Monitor and post a picture?

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance\Reliability Monitor

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Windows is in French on my computer. But everything looks good.

I've read a few posts on Comodo forums and some people say that Comodo 6818 is not fully compatible with Windows 1903. Issues like yours or flickering tray icon. I don't know if Comodo is preparing a fix.

Attachments

• 2019-05-27_16h55_44.jpg
    2019-05-27_16h55_44.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 397

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Because I was interested, I installed comodo on 1903pc. There seems to be no trouble for the moment.
I think that the problem with comodo is that it is affected by slight differences in the environment.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.