Advice Request Comodo Firewall Setting

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nheo_Linkin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2017
I've started using CF for about 2 days. Besides Avast Free is my main AV.
Personally, I don't like CF default setting... too many annoying alerts. Then I decided to change it like this:

- Enable Firewall - Safe Mode
- Do NOT show popup alert - Block request
- Create rules for safe applications

So is it safe to setup the firewall like that? And how exactly comodo decide an application to be safe or not?

D

Deleted member 178

Reactions: CodaPG and Circe

Nheo_Linkin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2017
Good, once you will understand and master Comodo , then you will be able to customize it. Note that the default setting is weak.
This setting is the basic one you should have , despite being old, works for all version : How to Install Comodo Firewall
Then you have @cruelsister setting (very popular) that idealize the sandbox over the HIPS : Regarding Comodo Firewall's Firewall
Yeah, Thanks to @cruelsister
Her videos on youtube brought me to CF after using WD for years.

Nheo_Linkin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2017
you can still use WD with CFW :D
:D I mean I'm not concerned about it anymore. However I still can not disable WD while some windows functions required it.
Hope these 2 firewalls could be friends though. :)

D

Deleted member 178

:D I mean I'm not concerned about it anymore. However I still can not disable WD while some windows functions required it.
Hope these 2 firewalls could be friends though. :)
You meant Windows Firewall instead of WD? or Windows Defender which isn't a FW. Normally Comodo should disable Windows Firewall.

Nheo_Linkin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2017
You meant Windows Firewall instead of WD? or Windows Defender which isn't a FW. Normally Comodo should disable Windows Firewall.
WF I mean. Sorry about that.
As I can see WF's still running. It's fine I guess?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
the key thing in comodo firewall is which config you choose: proactive config, or the default firewall config.

If you stayed with the default firewall config, it is recommended not to rely on autosandbox alone. You want the HIPS to be enabled as well, for full protection.

But if you switched to proactive config, then autosandbox on its own is strong protection, even without HIPS.

Nheo_Linkin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2017
the key thing in comodo firewall is which config you choose: proactive config, or the default firewall config.

If you stayed with the default firewall config, it is recommended not to rely on autosandbox alone. You want the HIPS to be enabled as well, for full protection.

But if you switched to proactive config, then autosandbox on its own is strong protection, even without HIPS.
Yup, I'm using Proactive config. But it acts a bit weird against some trusted files (CF said those files are trusted). That's why I gotta change some settings that I mentioned.

Reactions: shmu26
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.