Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
I cannot access the Comodo forum. Firefox states, "The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed."
I don't think he cares to be honest especially these days, I'm starting to think he a figment of our imagination!Or Melih forgot to renew his SSL certificate![]()
Comodo software has always been the Owner's ideological pet projects. Melih never intended any of his software pet projects to ever generate any profit. So he has never maintained the software and the infrastructure as an Owner who was dependent upon revenue from it.I don't think he cares to be honest especially these days, I'm starting to think he a figment of our imagination!
The certificate is not fake. This is a known issue with Kubernetes and can be fixed. But, you know, there are people here claiming that the Comodo forum has been hacked and a fake certificate placed onto the site. Typical social media reactionaries.I also see the same thing when I access the Comodo forum: my connection is not private and it's still in red, not secure..
Kubernetes Ingress Controller Fake Certificate
Kaspersky's products are good at identifying fake certificates. Many people don't like the fact that AV products manipulate certificates, and I completely agree, but Kaspersky can tell with millimeter precision whether a certificate is fake or tampered with, and I think that's incredible.
The certificate is not fake. Nobody modified or tampered with the Comodo forum website certificate. It is a known issue with Kubernetes that has been reported many times.Kaspersky's products are good at identifying fake certificates. Many people don't like the fact that AV products manipulate certificates, and I completely agree, but Kaspersky can tell with millimeter precision whether a certificate is fake or tampered with, and I think that's incredible.
discuss.kubernetes.io
I am pretty sure that Melih was bored one night and to pass the time he deliberately misconfigured Comodo forum's Kubernetes to troll MT members.Comodo's certificates, hacker's best friends. Still, how can ACME Co certificate be fake, when it's quality is guaranteed?!
View attachment 287534 View attachment 287536 View attachment 287533
# Create self-signed crt/key pair.
openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 365 -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout ca.key -out ca.crt -subj "/CN=ACME CO"
# base64-encode this data, and stuff it into a K8S TLS secret.
echo | openssl s_client -showcerts -servername acme:443 -connect acme:443 2>/dev/null | openssl x509 -inform pem -noout -text
Certificate:
Data:
Version: 3 (0x2)
Serial Number:
0a:2a:7b:52:02:51:fe:7d:ff:ad:65:ea:41:8a:95:44
Signature Algorithm: sha256WithRSAEncryption
Issuer: O = Acme Co, CN = Kubernetes Ingress Controller Fake Certificate
Validity
Not Before: Jan 28 15:27:33 2020 GMT
Not After : Jan 27 15:27:33 2021 GMT
Subject: O = Acme Co, CN = Kubernetes Ingress Controller Fake Certificate
Subject Public Key Info:
Public Key Algorithm: rsaEncryption
RSA Public-Key: (2048 bit)
Modulus:
Comodo: "This is a demonstration of Comodo's superior ability to prevent people from accessing harmful online content."
The 404 error is a screenshot taken when trying to access Comodo's forum and ignoring the certificate issue.Comodo: "This is a demonstration of Comodo's superior ability to prevent people from accessing harmful online content."
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes