Comodo Ice Dragon portable 17.01 and FDM question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raul90

Level 14
Thread author
Feb 5, 2012
Hi,

I am currently taking Ice Dragon a spin and I am having trouble with FDM ver3.9.2(Freedownloadmanager). The plugin is not compatible it says. I have FF 17.01 and the plug-in works with it. Ice Dragon and Firefox are a bit the same so is there maybe a workaround for the plugin of FDM ver3.9.2 to work with Ice Dragon..?

Any ideas?

Thank you :)

D

Deleted member 178

it is why i ditched all Comodo Browsers because incompatibilities.

Raul90

Level 14
Thread author
Feb 5, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
-- I too am feeling that ditch..Anyway, can I install a portable version of FF instead in tandem with FF(non-portable). Is this feasible?

Thanks for the reply and assistance. Happy New Year!

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
same problem i facing :( i use Kaspersky/IDM, and cant add their plug-ins in Comodo IceDragon/ Dragon :( , Comodo should think about such issues, else no one gonna use their browser as " main browser "

D

Deleted member 178

for IDM , you can :

QGTRU.jpg

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
Thanx Umbra, its working, its not adding any add-on , but when i try to download from comodo browsers, its catch the download, thats good.....

BTW, any other way to add kaspersky plug-ins in Comodo browsers? if not, bitdefender Trafficlight and WOT is then only option to surf securly i think :(

D

Deleted member 178

i dont know for Kaspersky, but indeed Trafficlight is your only option (WOT is not necessary since BDTL do it also)

Raul90

Level 14
Thread author
Feb 5, 2012
IDM indeed beats them all out there. Too bad I do not have a license. Nice screeny there ;)

N

Nige_40

Mind you, Ice Dragon is a lite Browser, and best used if you have low spec PC.

That is what I heard from a Comodo Mod

when I posted something about Ice Dragon.
:)

Raul90

Level 14
Thread author
Feb 5, 2012
Nige_40 said:
Mind you, Ice Dragon is a lite Browser, and best used if you have low spec PC.

That is what I heard from a Comodo Mod

when I posted something about Ice Dragon.
:)

Same here but it's the plug-in issue that's preventing me from using it often.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:

This is a major problem on just about all browser clones. Always use the main browsers, they always have the latest core updates for useability, security and most compatibility problems are solved more promptly.

Thanks.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.