show-Zi

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Hi All,

We are pleased to announce release of Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.1.0.6914.

Here are the details:

Online Setup Details:
Comodo Internet Security Premium

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/partners/cispremium_installer_138430008_dd.exe
Size: 5.4M ( 5613920 )
MD5: 7431196569471ab1292ade1ae5238697
SHA1: 7f258cc63f7124b493c701d3b57bbfcf354c714f

Comodo Antivirus
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/partners/cav_installer_138430010_1a.exe
MD5: cffa765f8a78f72eabea77a154db0074
SHA1: a2a23e8c06786cfa8f81fb81254fe5368c2c88ed

Comodo Firewall
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/partners/cmd_fw_installer_138430009_eb.exe
MD5: ab150ff09b2782a54eb6d853112b598f
SHA1: cb72cc531a48f2384697b3ca9467f1d69ba5a4ba

Fixed:
- Preventing unsigned DLLs from loading into CIS processes
Added:
- Due to popular demand added the ability to delete vendor rated by Comodo from Vendor List.
- Added Czech language translations.
- Add 'Windows Operating System' application to 'Windows System Applications' file group.
- An alert is now shown that reboot is required if Clipboard Protection settings are changed.

Please note, this release has been rolled out for new users.
We shall be rolling out updates for existing users over the next few weeks.

Thanks,
Comodo Internet Security Team.

Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.1.0.6914 Released

show-Zi

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I noticed that monitoring of usb devices and autorun entries has been added.
An error occurs when installing killSwitch and CleaningEssentials. It was a bug that was already pointed out in the official forum, but I also confirmed a similar error. In addition, it seems that there is no other problem in my 1903 environment so far, but when I look at the forum, it seems that I still have minor problems.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I did install this since expected paywall isnt happening, and comodo products remain free ( av, ccav, cf, cis, etc..)

Only problem i have is slow startup and programs opening slow, otherwise its working well

Using cis untill windows 1909 is live,

New feature
newfeature43544.png

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
From comodo forums
: To add the description of the first extremely slow reboot,with no icons or Taskbar initially, but then slowly reappearing and everything working correctly afterwards. Probably taking about 10 minutes in total
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 04:37:04 PM by Ploget »

Here i am waiting 25 minutes reading newspaper and having morning coffee while waiting cis to be responsible and open my programs

tldr; took them ages to release this version of CIS, its very unstable i guess and 1909 is around the corner....not good...its fine if you have time for such slow reboot

show-Zi

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
From comodo forums

Here i am waiting 25 minutes reading newspaper and having morning coffee while waiting cis to be responsible and open my programs

tldr; took them ages to release this version of CIS, its very unstable i guess and 1909 is around the corner....not good...its fine if you have time for such slow reboot
In my environment, there are no problems such as slow startup. comodo has the impression that it is easily affected by small differences in the environment. If there are 10 users, I feel that there may be 10 bugs reported separately.

So what exactly does this do? Is it part of Device Control, or what?
It seems to control device connection. I felt that it was almost meaningless unless I created a rule with blocks or permissions. To put it simply, it acts like a firewall between a pc and an external device. But if the device is not defined in a rule, there is no popup to ask for a decision.

show-Zi

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Hello guys. need advice from you.

should i disable HIPS on Comodo?

and what is best config for comodo?
Hips is like a nosy, anxious parent who meddles in your behavior.

I think you should be careful not to adopt the best configuration without understanding it. Hips is powerful, but it can be confusing if the user doesn't know it. For that reason, I don't use Hips. ;)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Hello guys. need advice from you.

should i disable HIPS on Comodo?

and what is best config for comodo?
Well cis and cf have different premade configs, when using firewall i would choose internet security config where everything else than hips is enabled

About current cis premade configs, i would just set up it as cruelsister probably,

Hips is just too much of worry for someone that want to have simple config

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
The Internet Security config is the weakest of the presets. It is meant to be used on the full CIS suite, and even then, it is not the greatest.
The Firewall config is much stronger, and can be used with just firewall, i.e., without the full CIS suite. It's good protection for a clean system, but not for an already infected system.
The Proactive config is the strongest, but it is overkill and annoying.
Best to use CruelSister settings or ComodoFix settings.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

If you can't handle the HIPS at paranoid, don't use Comodo, you have other solutions as good and way simpler and less buggy...
And since you can't trust Comodo with its TVL or cloud, cruelsister config-for-noob is useless and open holes like the past malware that was trusted lol.
Comodo remind me those gadgets you buy because it is hyped and after a while you leave them in the closet because they afford nothing more than what already exist.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.