Comodo Internet Security 2022 v12.2.3.8026 Released

Brahman

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Looking at the comodo community, I get the impression that the information is confusing. it would be better to organize the software into a clear and simple structure, with CIS being completely paid for and cfw being offered free as a stand-alone installer.
From their inception, comodo were anything but simple and consistent. They launched a lot of products in their lifespan but 99% of it were left to die in halfway except CIS &CFW. Most of the products were good but the lack of clearness in their vision and focus wasted their development efforts. If they channeled their efforts to one product which is CIS, they could have made it profitable and even acceptable to a wider business community.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
From their inception, comodo were anything but simple and consistent. They launched a lot of products in their lifespan but 99% of it were left to die in halfway except CIS &CFW. Most of the products were good but the lack of clearness in their vision and focus wasted their development efforts. If they channeled their efforts to one product which is CIS, they could have made it profitable and even acceptable to a wider business community.
Children are called'kodomo'in Japan. Children often treat what they are interested in on a whim and throw it along the way when they get tired of it. I think the software that was destroyed in the middle of comodo resembles a messy children's room.

It's not too late to sort out the confusing information in CIS. I want you to cherish this software, which has many fans.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
I don't know how this still earns ratings, it should have ended, a company with no direction and thousands of bugs with each update. (n)
I think there's about 40 current known bugs some more serious than others and that's mainly regarding full CIS. I'm not affected by most of them and some have HIPS workarounds but Containment still protects the system against even latest ransomware. One can only hope for a bug fix release at some point "soon" but that's as of earlier this year so who knows. :/

Kiss

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 6, 2021
I think there's about 40 current known bugs some more serious than others and that's mainly regarding full CIS. I'm not affected by most of them and some have HIPS workarounds but Containment still protects the system against even latest ransomware. One can only hope for a bug fix release at some point "soon" but that's as of earlier this year so who knows. :/
Do you still believe in this company? 40 mistakes? It was little, because they usually have a lot more, they will never solve it, without any capacity, they solve 5 and 50 appears. Change your antivirus, there are free options and it pays a thousand times better than this crap

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Do you still believe in this company? 40 mistakes? It was little, because they usually have a lot more, they will never solve it, without any capacity, they solve 5 and 50 appears. Change your antivirus, there are free options and it pays a thousand times better than this crap
As long as container works who cares about little bugs, and the melih theory about free antivirus there will be free solution soon after

Not a comodo hater will change mind of people using comodo 😁

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
It's primarily containment, very low footprint of 35mb on idle and out of habit I still use this. My alternative is a locked down system with Hard_Configurator as both follow the default deny approach. BD free is gone, Avast slows my system drastically includes nagging popups even when you have a paid version, Kasp Free a limited product and I'm avoiding it, Avira pop-ups, panda hit and miss. I think I'll eventually go back down the configuredefender H_Config route even though it uses around 250mb of ram. I have a old machine that won't even run Win 11 so what's going to best protect me?
Anyway, yes more bugs but none that seem to cause me issue right now.

As long as container works who cares about little bugs, and the melih theory about free antivirus there will be free solution soon after

Not a comodo hater will change mind of people using comodo 😁

Indeed :D

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
And AVAST fanboys use Avast, and Bitdefender fanboys use Bitdefender, and on and on. I use Comodo FW version 8012 because, in a couple of minutes, with several simple tweaks, it works. I can untick the desktop icon and never see it, but it's working, and I know that no malware is getting through. When the day comes that Comodo FW fails to perform, then I'll start looking elsewhere.

I've said it here a couple of times, I wouldn't be worried about malware using comodo FW 10, or even 8.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Only the comodo fanboys continue to use it, who knows one day they will wake up to the world, as this company has been dead for a long time.
I like the idea of preventing infections in a different way than CIS. I'm not a fan of comodo in particular. I like software, not companies.

btw, I'm not using it now.;) Because the setting is troublesome.:p

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
I am not that much into the Comodo stuff so I wanted to ask if at least the paid versions are getting updated regularly. As far as I understood Comodo doesn't seem to care much about their free versions.
Enterprise Clients have been updated regularly not paid versions as far as I'm aware. If there were Pro or Complete upgrades there'd be release notes or updated help files and there are neither.

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
From the Comodo stable I use only Comodo Secure Shopping for online payment protection
The rest of the package I did not use and do not intend to use.
This program is complicated as for me.

Reactions: show-Zi and Nevi

Antig

Level 1
Mar 23, 2021
Thank you cruelsister, in this age of robots you stand out as a real expert, a super-quick brain and always gifted with sense of humour.
My experience with Comodo began when Melih was trying to test his creature at Wilders, later I was glad to pay for BoClean by Kevin McAlively,who was afterwards incorporated into Comodo. When Kevin left Comodo most people began to take his side against Melih and CIS acquired its vast plethora of critics.
Some of these,even after many years, tend to see the bad irrespectively .

In my main pc I used CF for many years,then went to other things,but ,about a year ago I felt the need to go back to CF because of certain rules I couldnt make with other programs.
At the time I had Windows11, I tried using CF in spite of no official guarantee. The outcome was not completely perfect,as one BSOD initially indeed happened and later one program didnt want to work anymore, but it was possible.

In the meantime I was appreciating the granularity and choices of Comodo so that I decided instead of changing software I changed of OS: I went from Windows11 to Windows 10, installed Comodo Firewall a la Cruel the way a firewall should be, and I'm living happy and content ever since.
(feeling is that 10 is a bit quicker)

• Hundred Points
Reactions: kylprq and ErzCrz

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.