Comodo Internet Security 2022 v12.2.3.8026 Released

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
So the 'new' version is just a number change, maybe a bug or two fixed, and little else?
Yes. Slight UI Change calling itself Internet Security Pro as per my earlier post and no other noticable changes or any release notes. It's not a trial version or anything and installer only offere full CIS and ISE (Internet Security Essentials which only worked locally and with IE) so if you want firewall only, you have to download it from a diffrent page. Works on Win11 for some users but not officially as far as I know.

1650305209557.png

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Melih said a year or so ago something about just updating the GUI, because Comodo is just about bullet proof as it is (v 8012). I've never had a problem with any bugs, in all the years I've used the FW, although others who dig deep are finding some. But users were screaming for an upgrade, so 'give them one.'

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Melih said a year or so ago something about just updating the GUI, because Comodo is just about bullet proof as it is (v 8012). I've never had a problem with any bugs, in all the years I've used the FW, although others who dig deep are finding some. But users were screaming for an upgrade, so 'give them one.'
Very true. I run full CIS without any real issues and it'll catch/contain anything out there ;)

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Very true. I run full CIS without any real issues and it'll catch/contain anything out there ;)
Further onto this, you get an expiration warning. I just got a pop-p telling me I had 10 days to continue using the product. I don't remember it telling me I was installing a trial version. I'm reverting to 8012 or maybe just use the Firewall part instead of full CIS. Alternatively, maybe swapping back to Hard_Configurator setup for a bit.
1650650078473.png

Been a long week, not something I need on a Friday evening...

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
And I'm staying at 8012 until they get a real, serious, upgrade. Version 8012 is solid. If the day arrives that something wiggles its way through onto my computer, then I'll worry. Right now, properly set up, I think version 8.xxx will stop anything out there.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Looks like things are changing at Comodo. As of the time of this post CIS premium no longer exists, and CIS Pro (build 8026) is available as a 30 day trial, after which ALL modules of the application (Sandbox, FW, AV, HIPS) will be disabled- so at that point either input serial number or uninstall product.

The 8012 build of CF can still be downloaded.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Looks like things are changing at Comodo. As of the time of this post CIS premium no longer exists, and CIS Pro (build 8026) is available as a 30 day trial, after which ALL modules of the application (Sandbox, FW, AV, HIPS) will be disabled- so at that point either input serial number or uninstall product.

Would this be the correct link for version 8012?

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Would this be the correct link for version 8012?

That's the link. It will download the latest, or last, current version of 8012. I screwed up, wasn't paying attention, and installed the full package, firewall and AV, but you can get just the firewall. Version 8012, properly set up, will be good for a long, long time. Since it could be Comodo's last free version, I'd keep a copy on an external for future use.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
That's the link. It will download the latest, or last, current version of 8012. I screwed up, wasn't paying attention, and installed the full package, firewall and AV, but you can get just the firewall. Version 8012, properly set up, will be good for a long, long time. Since it could be Comodo's last free version, I'd keep a copy on an external for future use.

Thanks Chuck. It's been years since I have run Comodo fw. Any issues running it along with F-Secure Safe? Is there a link to @cruelsister config? I am running Windows 11 x64 Enterprise. Thanks!

Reactions: Brahman

Brahman

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013

It seems there's no free lunch anymore. Well can't find fault with them if they so decide, desperate times calls for desperate measures. Everyone has the right to earn and live a respectable life and that needs money.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
I got mine from Major Geeks, offline install. Since I'm running Win 8.1 Pro and will run it until this machine dies, I'm not concerned with compatibility with the latest Win 11 M$ abomination. V 8012 does work fine with Win 10, which I view as slightly less abominable but still not worth my time to upgrade.

Brahman

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Hi!
Installed CIS Pro 12.2.3.8026. Moved the date forward a month, until 05/31/2022. All components are disabled. Launched CIS, a message appeared that your license has expired with an offer to purchase, but below there is a line "No, thanks. I want to upgrade to a free version."
Pressed and Pro turned into Premium. We live)))
Untitled-1.jpg

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Looking at the comodo community, I get the impression that the information is confusing. it would be better to organize the software into a clear and simple structure, with CIS being completely paid for and cfw being offered free as a stand-alone installer.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.