App Review comodo internet security 6.0 review by languy99 ( new video!!)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I kinda like the new look of Comodo. Looks less cluttered compared to the older version.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's actually not entirely their UI design, it's bits and pieces from other vendors. ie. Norton, Kaspersky are examples.

McLovin said:
I kinda like the new look of Comodo. Looks less cluttered compared to the older version.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
It's actually not entirely their UI design, it's bits and pieces from other vendors. ie. Norton, Kaspersky are examples.

I see. Still looks fresh and clean.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What will convince you to change to Comodo 6? ;)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
What will convince you to change to Comodo 6? ;)

At the moment, I don't know. Ha, I seem like I never try any other AV suite.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You're kidding right? Standalone programs are better, are they not?

PS: Norton 2013 does a similar action too with Norton Power Eraser.

Umbra Corp. said:
i like they integrate CCE in it

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
no im serious, as an option, CCE is totally integrated into it, like an addon, you have exactly the same features with the same options (Autoruns, KS, etc...) , just you dont need to download it totally like before (database, etc...), just the executables.

ke5cy.jpg

5Gb0h.jpg

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You still need to download the executable, as shown in the video. Not integrated.

P

Plexx

Thread author
I guess I will be one of the few users who actually dislike their UI and the fact that there are more processors than the previous version.

That aside, I am actually a bit skeptical on having additional features. When the HYPE started with the new features I didn't really pay much attention but now its sinking in and I find the actual UI more busy... Perhaps because I am more of a minimalistic user. I will still take it for a spin once beta is over since I don't really test Betas, but I doubt I would use it in its current form.

Can't deny that there haven't been improvements because there has been quite some, its just... I don't know. Maybe I simply expected to be more simplistic.

As a matter of a fact I suppose that is the reason as well I dislike full suites.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
My favorite UI is the one of ESET, simple to see and navigate, i repeated many times that i really dont like the new UI of CIS; but it is "Metro-oriented" so i have just to live with it. i was also a bit disappointed by the additionnal processes, but it is worthy for the full virtualization features & Kiosk.

P

Plexx

Thread author
One may argue the full virtualization features and Kiosk are handy features, however those are exactly features I do not need.

For example for my needs I only need AV component, perhaps a web filter, a BB and thats it.

Now having all those features of CIS 6 to a beginner user might become a bit trivial, although it is just a matter of time for guides to be updated.

Hell, I even thought of going MSE route, which I once said I would never touch it again.

ESET UI didn't change much either compared to version 5 and idle scan was switched off by default when I test ran it.

I could actually write an essay on each single products and list the features I find it unecessary for me or even an average user and the result would be stripping down the security softwares to bare minimal if they didn't have an AV version with less features.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.