COMODO Internet Security/Antivirus/Firewall 8.0.0.4337 is released

Status
Not open for further replies.

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
RmG152 i have installed Comodo AV 8 for 5 days and no problem at all ( default settings),startup time 45 to 50 secs same as always. Maybe something else is going on

Windows 8.1 with hotmail login. And you?

Ali80

Level 5
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
There is a lot of bugs...but we must be honest. This is free software!! For years Comodo gave us best firewall. Yes, they made to much mistakes...but their approach is future of protection. Default deny module is biggest step forward lately and even Norton, Kaspersky started to follow this routine. We must show some respect :)

Reactions: souhrid

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
Ironic huh.. :) That is one of the beautiful things about CIS though, it is fully customizable, you can alter how ever you wish to protect your system. Making custom rules, removing things not trusted nor needed. This of course takes an advanced user to do so. I still believe CIS is not intended for average users period, no matter how much they "simplify" the GUI.

For free, it is good protection. If one can afford security, i would opt to advise them to do so, but if not, CIS will keep your system safe if you take the time to learn it.
Comodo should definitely add a option like Basic protection, moderate protection and bullet proof protection to their settings so that average users can also benefit better protection without the pain of configuring it.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
well could you explain how you configured comodo please.?

Settings are default - Internet Security
We all now that this settings are not the best specifically one settings in Auto-Sandbox.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amiga500

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
im not using a windows os at this time but when i did i found comodo to be a very light and effective security program and for free it provides great protection.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
RmG152 Windows 7 Ultimate and i have W7 messed up ( yes i should be careful on what i am clicking:confused:),but my statup is good maybe something else has a problem like another startup program;) on your system has some conflict with Comodo you check it out

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Maybe it's Hotmail issue. I hope to solve your problem and start to use Comodo without a problem;):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.