COMODO Internet Security/Antivirus/Firewall 8.0.0.4337 is released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I tried this version on my old laptop, I was unable to connect to wifi, Google Chrome would not connect/work and Office Outlook would not run in the sandbox a bug they had apparently fixed.

Reactions: nissimezra

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Probably you are right, i was thinking that sandbox will work better if hips is enabled...just ignore that part.

I

illumination

I recommend you delete all vendors excluding Microsoft and someone other trust vendors (Opera...) and use it :D.
I used to do that with the TVL, but every time there is a version change, you will have to do this.

I

illumination

I do not see how people can use security software that you have to delete the Trusted Vendors List because you cannot trust it???
Ironic huh.. :) That is one of the beautiful things about CIS though, it is fully customizable, you can alter how ever you wish to protect your system. Making custom rules, removing things not trusted nor needed. This of course takes an advanced user to do so. I still believe CIS is not intended for average users period, no matter how much they "simplify" the GUI.

For free, it is good protection. If one can afford security, i would opt to advise them to do so, but if not, CIS will keep your system safe if you take the time to learn it.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Oh no, I also really like Comodo, I have a license key for Comodo Pro but I use Kaspersky 2015 I use to be a Comodo forum member and once read that some malware vendors were on the list.

Wisdom

Level 1
May 25, 2012
Ironic huh.. :) That is one of the beautiful things about CIS though, it is fully customizable, you can alter how ever you wish to protect your system. Making custom rules, removing things not trusted nor needed. This of course takes an advanced user to do so. I still believe CIS is not intended for average users period, no matter how much they "simplify" the GUI.

For free, it is good protection. If one can afford security, i would opt to advise them to do so, but if not, CIS will keep your system safe if you take the time to learn it.

Great point

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
RmG152 i have installed Comodo AV 8 for 5 days and no problem at all ( default settings),startup time 45 to 50 secs same as always. Maybe something else is going on

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Oh no, I also really like Comodo, I have a license key for Comodo Pro but I use Kaspersky 2015 I use to be a Comodo forum member and once read that some malware vendors were on the list.
Earlier in this thread you whined about how crap comodo was and then here you are profoundly uttering your love for the program.maybe you should decide which is it before commenting further.

Reactions: NSG001
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.