COMODO Internet Security/Antivirus/Firewall 8.0.0.4344 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Did they change the Sandbox rule from to sandbox any app not only from internet ? beside that Comodo is good product.

I like to set the sandbox to block all files and not run virtual, that way I have a better protection.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Y

yigido

Thread author

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I know, I also have an account there (I am in Malware Research Group, Testing Group ..).

I was just asking if default settings are the same or not.

vivid

Level 5
Verified
Dec 8, 2014
If there is one thing that surprises me then that is the memory efficiency which is better and better compared to past versions without losing any layer of protection.

Y

yigido

Thread author
I know, I also have an account there (I am in Malware Research Group, Testing Group ..).

I was just asking if default settings are the same or not.
Ok. In default settings as you know CIS only sandboxes files that come from internet, if you want to change. In sandbox settings change it from "internet" to "any" you can get sandbox alert for every unknown app :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SD-ahmad

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Updated Auto-Sandbox rule to sandbox
  • "Run Virtual" files extracted from archives downloaded from Internet

Is this new update will fix that little hole which let Cryptolocker bypass Comodo in my test (Click) or is still recommended to manually change the settings for it?

Y

yigido

Thread author
Updated Auto-Sandbox rule to sandbox
  • "Run Virtual" files extracted from archives downloaded from Internet

Is this new update will fix that little hole which let Cryptolocker bypass Comodo in my test (Click) or is still recommended to manually change the settings for it?
I do not know. I saw the file was in the unrecognized list. It should be sandboxed.
Lets ask it on Comodo Forum, I do not know what the problem is there :/

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Any news from Comodo forum?

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
Im a bit confused.Can anyone show me how to switch the sandbox settings that anything unknow is running in there instead only from the internet? With a picture would be nice. Thanks in advance.

musings4

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 17, 2014
Im a bit confused.Can anyone show me how to switch the sandbox settings that anything unknow is running in there instead only from the internet? With a picture would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Click the drop-down arrow on Internet and select Any setting, then click OK.

You can also change the configuration to Proactive to run all unknown files virtually but HIPS will be enabled. Also PUPs under File Ratings are enabled as well.

Reactions: Janl92l

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014

Click the drop-down arrow on Internet and select Any setting, then click OK.

You can also change the configuration to Proactive to run all unknown files virtually but HIPS will be enabled. Also PUPs under File Ratings are enabled as well.
Thank you! appricated it. :)

Y

yigido

Thread author
or you can change from "Internet Security Config" to "Proactive Security Config"
Proactive mode runs like CIS7 sandbox, it sandboxes all unknown files.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Hello after a long time! I see CIS at defaults does not simply autosandbox all unknown files coming from the internet only but from other specific places too like email clients, removable drives, file archivers and others. These rules are enabled in the settings and I find them good as less benign files will be autosandboxed.

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
Thanks for this.

I want to learn how to enhance company network security and stumbled onto this site.I've also been using Comodo IS for almost 4 years and it's been nothing but smooth sailing.I install it to my top clients and I never see that PC again....unless the hdd croaked or something else.
It's a great product....

I've wanting to try the licensed version and aside from the $500 guarantee and assisted Virus removal,I don't see any difference.What do you guys recommend?

Reactions: JakeXPMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.