Advice Request Comodo Internet Security - Firewall in Always Ask mode

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Hi ,

I always found Comodo's firewall little bit confusing to configure. Just wanted to know how can I set it up so that whenever a new program tries to connect to internet it will ask me whether to block the connection or allow the connection ?

Thanks in advanced.
Anupam

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I think you're looking for this.
I'm sorry it's in Spanish but I'm Spanish

Attachments

• cis_d8F6wlnsd3.png
    cis_d8F6wlnsd3.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,229

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Hi ,

I always found Comodo's firewall little bit confusing to configure. Just wanted to know how can I set it up so that whenever a new program tries to connect to internet it will ask me whether to block the connection or allow the connection ?

Thanks in advanced.
Anupam

Just set in Firewall Settings "Custom Ruleset"

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I use training mode in both hips/ firewall, since after you have made sure pc is clean / every file you have on pc is trusted

You can set up training mode on hips/firewall to alert from new connections and run current lockdown as trusted

Unless you want to have every single connection of trusted applications to notify you, then youre enabling paranoid mode on hips

There is tons of configurations you can make with cf, best way is just go throught all settings enable/disable to see what they do

Last edited:

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Done that. But no Pop-Up showing Block/ Allow came so far.

Probably all your apps are already in "white/allowed" list so there is no need to see pop-up from that apps or maybe is something wrong with your other settings.

If you want you can delete all apps in firewall settings and then create a new one for every app (picture):

Post a picture of your firewall settings, please.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.