Not open for further replies.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Hello,

Sorry if a thread like this has already been started. I cannot seem to find one about it. :huh:

Which do you prefer? Why?

Which is the best, in terms of:
-Overall Features?
-Detection?
-Removal?
-HIPS?
-User Interface?
-RAM Usage?
-Etc (anything else you may want to add)

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
exterminator20 said:
I use KIS 2013 and the only impact I notice on my system is the boot time which I can live with for the protection.Just because you have a quad core doesnt mean that its going to run anything better.The amount of ram,other programs and software you have installed and running in the background have an impact also.

I dont know why your getting 100MB from KIS on idle or 500MB during a scan with 100% CPU.Right now KIS on my system is less than 10MB idle and running a scan about 36MB.I have task manager running,Chrome running and performing a scan with KIS and my CPU is less than 35% CPU and less than 30% memory.

You can argue back and forth for eternity and still not have an answer that everyone agrees on.Sure there are some that arent very good and you probably should take a pass on but those arent any of the big players in the Security software business

Basically if it runs well on your system and it keeps you malware/virus free and you are comfortable using it ,then thats what you should be using!

Hello,

I would love to use KIS. But it just uses way to much resources. I got those results when I installed KIS on my new Windows 8 laptop. It's only a dual core but it has 4GB. So it has plenty of RAM for KIS to eat. And it sure did eat it up! I'm quite fine with avast! or COMODO. Both are excellent. Don't get me wrong, KIS is too. It just uses to much resources on my system. :(

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Thats why these polls dont really help very much.You have to base what you use on your personal situation and your system.We have a whole section of Unbiased reviews for just about every security product {free & paid} that you could possibly want to use.That is the best place for any member to start if you are unsure of what you want to use or try.Not that I am pushing MT but I doubt your going to find that much unbiased information to compare different software anywhere online all in one place. Remember it's free here,take advantage of it.

One product might not fit your situation where another might be a perfect fit.Always the best advice is to test them for yourself.I try many of them out before I stick with one.On Windows 8 I am still trying products and combinations of software both free and paid.Eventually I will settle on one to use for an extended period of time.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
exterminator20 said:
Thats why these polls dont really help very much.You have to base what you use on your personal situation and your system.We have a whole section of Unbiased reviews for just about every security product {free & paid} that you could possibly want to use.That is the best place for any member to start if you are unsure of what you want to use or try.Not that I am pushing MT but I doubt your going to find that much unbiased information to compare different software anywhere online all in one place. Remember it's free here,take advantage of it.

One product might not fit your situation where another might be a perfect fit.Always the best advice is to test them for yourself.I try many of them out before I stick with one.On Windows 8 I am still trying products and combinations of software both free and paid.Eventually I will settle on one to use for an extended period of time.

Hello,

Oh I know these polls don't mean much, but I just wanted to hear what other people thought of them both, that's all. I wasn't going to choose to go with which ever one got the most votes or anything. Right now I'm not even using either, lol. I'm back to avast! now, waiting for the new version to come out. I am always testing combinations out too! I cannot wait to get the right one where I can actually keep it for while, haha.

D

Deleted member 178

dont forget to check the products subforum or my reviews: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Umbra-Corp-Reviews , i spent many hours to test many softwares , you will have a good view of them

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Umbra Corp. said:
dont forget to check the products subforum or my reviews: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Umbra-Corp-Reviews , i spent many hours to test many softwares , you will have a good view of them

Thank you! I will check them out :)

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
-Overall Features: ESET
-Detection: ESET
-Removal: Comodo
-HIPS: Comodo
-User Interface: Both Good
-RAM Usage: Comodo is lighter
-Etc: Over All both are good but if you are Advanced user than you should use Comodo Internet Security. If you are a intermediate & Beginner than use ESET Smart Securtiy.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Overall Features = COMODO
Detection = Eset
Removal = Same
HIPS = COMODO
User Interface = Eset
RAM Usage = COMODO

My vote goes to COMODO.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
MrExplorer said:
-Overall Features: ESET
-Detection: ESET
-Removal: Comodo
-HIPS: Comodo
-User Interface: Both Good
-RAM Usage: Comodo is lighter
-Etc: Over All both are good but if you are Advanced user than you should use Comodo Internet Security. If you are a intermediate & Beginner than use ESET Smart Securtiy.

Hello,

I prefer COMODO over Eset. I have learned how to use it. I would call myself a intermediate to advanced user.

I am now using NIS, a 6 month trail came with my laptop. So why not use it right? I love how light it is. It's around only 12MB.

pablozi said:
Overall Features = COMODO
Detection = Eset
Removal = Same
HIPS = COMODO
User Interface = Eset
RAM Usage = COMODO

My vote goes to COMODO.

Hello,

My vote goes to COMODO also :) I just wanted to hear what other people thought of the two products!

manmur

Level 1
Verified
Jan 23, 2013
My vote is COMODO Internet Security 6. I am using it on my laptop. Works great.

I have not tried Eset . So I cannot compare the 2 security suites.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
manmur said:
My vote is COMODO Internet Security 6. I am using it on my laptop. Works great.

I have not tried Eset . So I cannot compare the 2 security suites.

Hello :),

Good choice. I have tried both and I prefer COMODO over Eset. Even if Eset is a paid suite. I don't really like the HIPS part of it at all. COMODO has a lot better HIPS, IMO.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
avastalicious said:
I think ESET NOD32 Antivirus + Comodo Firewall might be just a better solution. :D
Or Avast Free + Comodo Firewall if you are going for freeware.
Hello,

I'm not using either right now. I'm using NIS came with my laptop. I have no problems with it. Its light weight and protects well. But that is a great suggestion. Can't believe I forgot about that one
I was to busy thinking about smart security :lolz:

vgchat

Level 1
Verified
Mar 22, 2013
Comodo is awesome, it only asks you on the first detection if you would like assistance to remove it or handle it yourself. About once a month or so they do a popup thing asking you to buy it for "full protection" or whatever that message said.

Aside from the obtrusive scare-ware tactics, Comodo is an awesome free product that even outranks Norton.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If you will compare it, CISP 6 hands down in terms at all matters. Its just matter of supervision with advance/experience users to guide the program itself.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Well since I love avast! and COMODO, I am using avast! free + COMODO firewall. They work so great together and I am having no problems. I shut off avast! sandbox since I am going to be using COMODO's. And added both to each other's exclusions list's just in case.

I am always switching security products. I just can't seem to keep one for a while. I don't know if it's just me that has this problem. :huh:

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
for me its ESET Smart Security 6... i cant belive in Comodo...! why i dont know but i cant.. and eset was know as the best security and low weight..... Comodo is not much better then Ess.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.