Comodo Internet Security v10.0.0.5144 BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

****Attention Please: This release is only available for our forum users and we expect bugs . There are known issues that will be fixed by our major release accordingly. Below are two important points that needs to be taken into account: We DO NOT recommending to install this Beta version on XP and Vista & There will be no binary updates for any version for Beta Release, please pay attention to make a CLEAN INSTALL*****

D

Deleted member 2913

I don't care about EfficacyTest score, I use it just to get quick run of malware.
I'm more worried because of all that malware on PC (couple of Ransomware) and neither one pop-up from Auto Sandbox o_O
If CIS 10 works the same as the stable version, then hope you know files already on the system before CIS install are treated as safe. So if efficacytest & malware samples were already on the system before CIS install then ET & samples will be treated as safe.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Yes, for your testing.

Where/what should I do???
Can you post some pictures or something?

If CIS 10 works the same as the stable version, then hope you know files already on the system before CIS install are treated as safe. So if efficacytest & malware samples were already on the system before CIS install then ET & samples will be treated as safe.

The files are added after CIS is instaled and PC restart.

I just tested on Proactive Config and it is the same fail...

N

NullByte

Where/what should I do???
Can you post some pictures or something?
Untitled.png

From here :)

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Figures that they would release a beta of version 10 when I'm about to post something on 8.4 this weekend.

However there is one major difference for the worst in Version 10, so maybe it's good timing after all- they will have ample time to fix it.

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

64-bit system:

1. Place CIS in Training Mode

2. Let CIS remain in Training Mode for at least 3 or 4 days

3. Also, at the same time clean-up and\or tighten the rules

4. Frequently check the rules that CIS has created

5. After 4 days, set CIS to any mode - Clean, Safe, or Paranoid

6. If you make it this far, you're lucky - because eventually all the rules will disappear

D

Deleted member 178

Just by reading the changelogs i can tell that CIS is still worthless.

Melih said:
Yes!

This is a patented technology used by Enterprises to protect their Point of Sale terminals or high value transaction based apps etc.. Now you have this amazing enterprise level security available to our users (for free).....

Even if there are keyloggers or malware on your computer, once you are in a secure shopping mode, no keylogger, remote screen capture etc will be able to see or copy anything happening inside secure shopping session....I am telling you, its ONE AMAZING INNOVATION that enterprises pay huge amounts of money to Comodo for.

blablabla...thanks but no thanks :D

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Guys, Guys- Methinks thou dost protest too much. This is a preview release intended for Comodo Geeks on the forum and not for general distribution and mockery. There for some reason has always been a double standard for Comodo vs other products. Look at Malwarebytes AntiRansomware- it's been in beta for something like 7 months, is still a poor product but is excused because it is a beta. But God Forbid if Comodo misspells something on Day 1 of a Preview release! Then the Dogs of War are Loosed!

This is a preview release after all, and one can note that the main GUI ribbon isn't even finished. As to the security, although the extensive TVL still exists, the default sandbox level of Partially Limited (not that I suggest using it) is more restrictive than before.

Secondly please don't be concerned by the Paid Safe Shopping issue- those using the preferred (mine, of course) Sandbox and Firewall settings have nothing to be concerned about; and by putting HIPS into Safe Mode will yield a plethora of Keylogging warnings for those that like these things. So Much Ado about Nothing here.

Finally- If some would not play with things that there is no need to play with there would be less concern about bugs and one would live in a happier world.

H

hjlbx

I am a COMODO fan, but at the same time COMODO deserves every single bit of mockery - given the history of both the company and their products.

There are bugs that have been reported going back 10 years - or more - that have never been fixed.

That's the solution... don't use the features that COMODO built into CIS - because doing so will result in various problems - some critical... really ? :cool:

Well then, how about a car with defective seat-belts and air-bags - just don't use those safety features when riding in it - so you won't be hassled with problems and it will go better for you...

If COMODO can't fix the features - and obviously, by this point in time, they have been unable and\or unwilling to fix more than just a few, then those features should be removed - cut them out like the malignant tumors that they are.

I have interacted directly with COMODO Engineering on more than a few occasions. They request users to do all this hoop-jumping and time intensive leg-work. The user submits everything to CE as requested - and it either vaporizes or descends into the abyss never to be seen again.

One can go back to 2006\7 on the initial reports of the "Disappearing Rules" bug - and actually, even earlier on the Chinese forums.

ESET had the same problem with disappearing rules, but they managed to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

Just compare similar products: Comodo vs ReHIPS

Both have an HIPS , both has isolation/sandboxing abilities

One don't listen the users except for useless features, the other take note of each report and fix it in the following builds.

One shout new uber-technologies coming from another world, the other is quiet and use what is already available.

one add more fancy features in every new version, the other try to improve the current version to be more stable and secure.

see my points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.