Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi,

@BuketB from Comodo replied about Valkyrie service. I quoted it.

"For Valkyrie service, the service for now will be only available on CCAV. Once we make Valkyrie service stable enough, we might think to evaluate it for CIS side but there is no exact plan for this right now. You can have this service with CCAV."

Source

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi,

There seems to be bug in uninstallation: "Failed to initialize installer. Invalid data format"

If you want to uninstall CIS Beta then you can launch the msi installer located in C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Installer which will allow you to change which component you want installed or to remove CIS completely.

Source

Regards,
Kardo

H

hjlbx

Hi,

There seems to be bug in uninstallation: "Failed to initialize installer. Invalid data format"

If you want to uninstall CIS Beta then you can launch the msi installer located in C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Installer which will allow you to change which component you want installed or to remove CIS completely.

Source

Regards,
Kardo

What can one say ? - it's COMODO. :D

CIS has always been too ambitious a project for the company - they cannot handle it - and it has been that way since Day 1.

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
Hi,

Source

Regards,
Kardo
Damn bugs are everywhere....Just as well comodo dont make bug repellent!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think in order to change that lapses on development release, then the management must adjust.

It seems they are just too excited to implement a component without knowing what are the possible complex.

The news are already on their hands to be informed on what are the latest bypass techniques so that it can improve.

NekoHr

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 5, 2016
They can improve (or start) listening to users reporting bugs. Default answer is always report in right forum thread, use right formatting... if not we don't care for bug.

I don't know any other developer being so uninterested.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I am a COMODO fan, but at the same time COMODO deserves every single bit of mockery - given the history of both the company and their products.

There are bugs that have been reported going back 10 years - or more - that have never been fixed.

That's the solution... don't use the features that COMODO built into CIS - because doing so will result in various problems - some critical... really ? :cool:

Well then, how about a car with defective seat-belts and air-bags - just don't use those safety features when riding in it - so you won't be hassled with problems and it will go better for you...

If COMODO can't fix the features - and obviously, by this point in time, they have been unable and\or unwilling to fix more than just a few, then those features should be removed - cut them out like the malignant tumors that they are.

I have interacted directly with COMODO Engineering on more than a few occasions. They request users to do all this hoop-jumping and time intensive leg-work. The user submits everything to CE as requested - and it either vaporizes or descends into the abyss never to be seen again.

One can go back to 2006\7 on the initial reports of the "Disappearing Rules" bug - and actually, even earlier on the Chinese forums.

ESET had the same problem with disappearing rules, but they managed to fix it.
Amen hjlbx & Umbra, totally agree.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Can everyone make a video Review of it please

With best Regards
Mops21

Y

yigido

@Senkei Thanks for the post, however please adjust the formatting in future posts. I've already edited your post.

Pro (30-day Trial) looks same as Premium (Free) @Av Gurus Secure Shopping is paid-only?
View attachment 108880

Cerber in isolation.
View attachment 108883
Secure Shopping Feature will be FREE!

Hello Everybody
smiley.gif

I would like to share with you the details of Comodo Secure Shopping feature set with a whitepaper and a benchmark with other solutions in the market.

Please kindly check the table as below. Comodo Secure Shopping with its superior features is leading the market !

We would like to inform you that this is just the beginning... There will be many more unique features which will be included with future versions ; such as having the ability to run all your applications in the secure box.

What is more; we are happy to inform you that it is for Free !

Yes ! After internal discussions , we made a decision to release Comodo Secure Shopping as a Free Feature; because, we care about your security!Security is a right, not a luxury!

b4dj8Z.png

Keep following our next releases as this feature will be provided with CIS 10 free version. I will update you guys soon , it' s coming !

Kind Regards,
Buket

Source: (you need an account on Comodo forum to see this)
Login

Y

yigido

After this announce, I will not against the bundles in CIS installers.
People wants free and people wants no bundle, but it is not working like that even Comodo gives aprox. %100 protection & prevention. I admire Comodo again! Keep it up guys!

N

NullByte

I'm a little "skeptic" about Comodo Secure Shopping with its superior features is leading the market. I have to give a thumb up for the marketing skills.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.