Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
"I would like to share with you the details of Comodo Secure Shopping feature set with a whitepaper and a benchmark with other solutions in the market."

I am going to take these results with a grain of salt. Are there more details on their methodology, product versions and what range of tools were used?

Also I have no Comodo account, so would it be possible to share the Whitepaper online?

@yigido

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 2913
Y

yigido

"I would like to share with you the details of Comodo Secure Shopping feature set with a whitepaper and a benchmark with other solutions in the market."

I am going to take these results with a grain of salt. Are there more details on their methodology, product versions and what range of tools were used?

Also I have no Comodo account, so would it be possible to share the Whitepaper online?

@yigido
Ahh of course.. Sorry I forgot about it.
Take it here: secure_shopping2.pdf

Reactions: vivid

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Valkyrie is not stable right now. They are doing improvements on server side. When it will be stable enough, then they release it into CIS.
CIS is the complete security package of Comodo.
My sarcasm comes from the fact the the the last 4 years+ Valkyrie is always just around the corner if you listen to Comodo fanboy's on their forums. I'm not bashing Comodo I use the firewall and think both the firewall and Internet security are top notch, but I'll be very surprised if we ever see Valkyrie built into Comodo Internet security, it's always 'Not ready just yet' And this has been going on for years.

Y

yigido

My sarcasm comes from the fact the the the last 4 years+ Valkyrie is always just around the corner if you listen to Comodo fanboy's on their forums. I'm not bashing Comodo I use the firewall and think both the firewall and Internet security are top notch, but I'll be very surprised if we ever see Valkyrie built into Comodo Internet security, it's always 'Not ready just yet' And this has been going on for years.
I understand you. Thats the Comodo's problem. They release a service, product etc. Then they leave it alone for years maybe.. then they decide to start again. This is what happened to Valkyrie. New Valkyrie needs time and you are all right about your words. This is how Comodo works :D

Y

yigido

@yigido - when you can tell me with absolute certainty that COMODO has fixed the disappearing rules bug, then I will gladly take a close look at CIS.

Until then, it is on my black-list.
I will keep that in my mind. I want to see you while using CIS again ;)

Y

yigido

@yigido - when you can tell me with absolute certainty that COMODO has fixed the disappearing rules bug, then I will gladly take a close look at CIS.

Until then, it is on my black-list.
@hjlbx can you please send me the link of bug report?
EDIT: Thanks ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SHvFl

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
What do you expect, this is Melih and Comodo - I think they've had more plans and possible innovations than NASA; but with one significant difference (bear with me) Comodo never actually achieves what they set out to. A company with no (clear) vision(s) for the present and future will achieve very little, that’s why Kaspersky has so many users, people trust them, and they deliver on time – with a very solid product. Shame the same cannot be said for Comodo.

Y

yigido

What do you expect, this is Melih and Comodo - I think they've had more plans and possible innovations than NASA; but with one significant difference (bear with me) Comodo never actually achieves what they set out to. A company with no (clear) vision(s) for the present and future will achieve very little, that’s why Kaspersky has so many users, people trust them, and they deliver on time – with a very solid product. Shame the same cannot be said for Comodo.
Do you have any comment on CIS 10 ? not about the company?

These are not for you but many people are commenting without testing products. They have an opion from dark ages and theyare yelling these everywhere.

Reactions: vivid

vivid

Level 5
Verified
Dec 8, 2014
How's it running?
Perfectly stable on my system. There are some minor glitches regarding arcadia theme but most people will not notice these. Overall experience is better. Improved security, resources management, scanning performance. Quite appealing to me since many issues were fixed.

Reactions: ZeroDay

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Perfectly stable on my system. There are some minor glitches regarding arcadia theme but most people will not notice these. Overall experience is better. Improved security, resources management, scanning performance. Quite appealing to me since many issues were fixed.

Thank you, I'll give it a try.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Can you still instal the full CIS with the beta then uninstall the Antivirus?

vivid

Level 5
Verified
Dec 8, 2014
Can you still instal the full CIS with the beta then uninstall the Antivirus?
Yes. Please read attached quote after installation.

Re: Comodo Internet Security CIS V10.0.0.5144 Beta !!
« Reply #185 on: 25-07-2016, 15:58:46 »
Important : After you install this version, there is a known issue - "Failed to initialize installer. Invalid data format."

Please apply following work-around :
Overwrite C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\installer_init.xml with this C:\ProgramData\Comodo Downloader\cis\installs\installer_data\installer.init.xml to fix incorrect product id value.
Credits to futuretech.

Re: Comodo Internet Security CIS V10.0.0.5144 Beta !!
« Reply #187 on: 25-07-2016, 18:22:48 »
It should be located here:
https://cdn.download.comodo.com/cis...4F43DB_beta/installer_data/installer_init.xml
(Use "Save Link As...")

Reactions: ZeroDay
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.