Comodo Internet Security v10.0.0.5144 BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
What happened to the webfilter?
I hope that is going to be in the final version so that MVPS rules can be added.
Else it pretty much looks the same as v.8 which I rolled back too.

Comodo should not remove working functions between v.8 and v.10, rather continue and improve what's found in v.8 and fix the bugs.

vivid

Level 5
Verified
Dec 8, 2014
What happened to the webfilter?
I hope that is going to be in the final version so that MVPS rules can be added.
Else it pretty much looks the same as v.8 which I rolled back too.

Comodo should not remove working functions between v.8 and v.10, rather continue and improve what's found in v.8 and fix the bugs.

It was repositioned after File Rating tab. Not removed.

Reactions: ZeroDay

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

Anyone knows what's the status of v10 now? Is it out-of-beta? Any release date?

Thanks

vivid

Level 5
Verified
Dec 8, 2014
It turns out many changes were made for the next beta version according to product manager.

"We have done many changes/improvements on CIS10 on design and functionality, that s why there will be a second beta release which is very close . I will update you once we fix the date, but you may expect the next beta release by upcoming days. Our aim is to release the major version before the end of the year."

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
It turns out many changes were made for the next beta version according to product manager.

"We have done many changes/improvements on CIS10 on design and functionality, that s why there will be a second beta release which is very close . I will update you once we fix the date, but you may expect the next beta release by upcoming days. Our aim is to release the major version before the end of the year."
Nice. Thanks for the info.

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
One thing I would like to see in the new version is the addition of more "recognizers" for Viruscope so it can evolve into a more proper behavior blocker.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
When the rules disappear, it reverts to default rules, which are pretty safe to begin with.
So if you notice that you are starting to get prompts for programs that you already whitelisted, then you know your rules have disappeared -- and you can just do a system image restore to your latest image.
That's why this issue is not a deal-breaker to me, although it surely needs to be fixed.

Reactions: AtlBo and SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
When the rules disappear, it reverts to default rules, which are pretty safe to begin with.
So if you notice that you are starting to get prompts for programs that you already whitelisted, then you know your rules have disappeared -- and you can just do a system image restore to your latest image.
That's why this issue is not a deal-breaker to me, although it surely needs to be fixed.
I have better things to do than restoring rules each time i restart because Comodo doesn't care to fix bugs. Anw atm comodo hips is irrelevant to me. Have no use for it.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I have better things to do than restoring rules each time i restart because Comodo doesn't care to fix bugs. Anw atm comodo hips is irrelevant to me. Have no use for it.
if it happens a lot, then it is truly unbearable!
fortunately, it doesn't happen often, or at all, to most users -- unless you crash or freeze your system a lot, due to lots of tinkering...

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
if it happens a lot, then it is truly unbearable!
fortunately, it doesn't happen often, or at all, to most users -- unless you crash or freeze your system a lot, due to lots of tinkering...
MIne doesn't have to crash. You restart and at random it resets. Not 100% but it happens a lot.
When you have so many products to use no reason to try and keep using it because one might think what else don't they fix that might be a security risk.

D

Deleted member 2913

Internet Security Config
In stable version, sandbox setting is set to "Internet" by default, you can set it to "Any".
And stuffs run from Desktop is not AutoSandboxed by default.

Is the above same with CIS 10 or things have changed with CIS 10?

Reactions: AtlBo and SHvFl
D

Deleted member 2913

It seems new beta is going to be released today...

Dev posted
"Hello friends !

Just to give a heads up ; CIS 10 new beta version is about to come.
thumbup.gif

You will have an improved experience on both user interface and security tools. With the new user interface design, you will notice the easy navigation on settings and tasks sections. Secure Shopping is now for free, even with new improvements such as running any installed application in secure environment.

Stay tuned for the beta release and the details !

Kind Regards
Buket

Stay tuned !

Attachments

• CIS 10 Basic View.png
    CIS 10 Basic View.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 359
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.