Comodo Internet Security V10.0.0.6071 Beta is Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

as far as I know, the only way to do that with recent versions of COMODO is by switching your configuration. If you switch to proactive config, then you will get global autosandbox protection.
The option is still there And now you have to delete "Internet" option as per a member in Comodo forum.

Meh you click don't sandbox again and it's done. Assuming that's what you use.
I tested the beta for a short time.
I guess now in AutoSandbox alert, the option "Dont isolate again" is not there, am I correct?

Last edited by a moderator:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
the default settings for firewall config are different. (I installed CFW, and by default, it was in firewall config)
You have to manually enable autosandbox, and after you do, it applies autosandbox function according to the origin of the file, not according to its location.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
the default settings for firewall config are different. (I installed CFW, and by default, it was in firewall config)
You have to manually enable autosandbox, and after you do, it applies autosandbox function according to the origin of the file, not according to its location.
You should always enable proactive protection which is the most secure and has the autosandbox settings it needs to have.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
You should always enable proactive protection which is the most secure and has the autosandbox settings it needs to have.
true, but since I also have HIPS enabled, I don't need the autosandbox to be at max settings. Autosandbox is too annoying when it starts to mess with my drivers etc.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
My GUI of CF Beta is blurred out, not sure yet what i have done wrong, text is unreadable :D
you can change the GUI, you have several choices, including the old-style. For me, the default GUI is light grey and a little hard for me to read. maybe that's what you are seeing?
the other GUI styles are easier to read, but less elegant.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
You have hips on? Wish you happy clicking that feature is the most annoying there is.
I put HIPS in learning mode for a while, and that whitelisted a lot of stuff.
Now, if I run an unrecognized app that did not get initially whitelisted, I just mark it as trusted application, and then no more prompts.

D

Deleted member 2913

I guess default Internet Security config - AutoSandbox - File Origin options have Intranet, USB/etc, Internet
If you install FW only & enabled autosandbox then AutoSandbox - File Origin options are ------?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I guess default Internet Security config - AutoSandbox - File Origin options have Intranet, USB/etc, Internet
If you install FW only & enabled autosandbox then AutoSandbox - File Origin options are ------?
it is like you described, with addition of:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    25.6 KB · Views: 384
D

Deleted member 2913

Do you guys like Secure Shopping?

I tested it for a while.
Currently 3-4 banks/etc are added i.e if you visit those banks/etc, you will get an alert to use or not Secure Shopping.
You can add your banks/etc manually.

Secure Shopping alert gives 2 options i.e Protected Browser & Secure Shopping Environment.
Is Protected Browser option the same sandboxed browser i.e rightclick browser & run sandboxed?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I installed CFW only now And enabled AutoSandbox & options are the same as mentioned above by me i.e File Origin - Intranet, Removable Media & Internet.
It seems you clicked on another autosandbox option.
I have two separate default rules in autosandbox.
one is like you said, and the other is like I added.
Check and see if there is another rule there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.